Brewer Fanatic

Cubs pitching

splitterpfj

well, they certainly need some arms out there after Lou has used the pen so much so early in the season. All the extra inning games didn't help, of course, but still.

On a personal note, I'm not sure if I'm happy or not about this move. I have Hill on one of my Diamond Mind teams and he was going to be a staple in the team's rotation. But moving him to the pen helps ensure that his durability will be increase and he won't have a games played limitation in our league.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Community Moderator

This is an important reminder for Brewers fans that all is not lost when we lose 3 games in a row. The offense is a concern, but I certainly don't doubt that the offense will heat up when the weather warms up.

What is much worse is to have pitching problems already in April. Starters with short outings burns the bullpen out early in the year, and as pitchleague mentioned, the Cubs won those extra innings games, but there will be consequences for it down the road. Plus, seeing Zambrano be himself yesterday doesn't help things. I'll take 6 inning starts by Villanueva/Parra over that anyday.

Furthermore, teams like the Orioles/Marlins/Cardinals are not going to maintain these hot starts.

Lilly got lit up again, he's obviously not right at the moment. I'm not going to kick 'em while they're down, because in baseball, fortunes change constantly over the course of a season, but this does not bode well for the Cubs.

Including today's games, The Brewers' bullpen has pitched 29.2 innings to the Cubs' 48.0 (at least according to my math). Does anyone know if this is a stat kept and available anywhere, like on the MLB.com site? I looked for it but couldn't find it so I just went through all the box scores and calculated it myself.

I'm not going to kick 'em while they're down, because in baseball, fortunes change constantly over the course of a season, but this does not bode well for the Cubs.

Exactly. They were sure down last year and we saw what happened. I will always remember the 2007 season when I'm tempted to get too high or too low about a team.

Archived