Brewer Fanatic

Should Bush be sent down to AAA? (Merged: Bush's last chance?)

JJHardy7

I don't see Villy moving from the starting rotation, so I think the two options when Yo returns are either:

1) Moving Bush to the long-man in the pen and losing McClung (I don't believe he can be sent to AAA without clearing waivers)

2) Sending Parra to AAA where he can continue on as a starter while limiting his innings.

I'd have to say that Option #1 is more likely at this point in time. I just hope he's given a decent amount of work from the pen, as in the past Ned has used the long man sparingly. Bush would be our first choice when someone gets injured, so I'd hate for him not to be "stretched out" when he's back in the rotation.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

If Bush is injured, that would make things a bit more interesting. Then he'd head for the DL, and the current roster obviously wouldn't have to change. He could head to the DL if he were 'injured', too.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Beast Light wrote:

at this point, I really do not care about who has options and who doesn't. We lost the division by 2 games last year ...I want the best players we have on the field, period.

I agree completely. If we lose McClung to a waiver claim is anyone here going to be that upset about it? Lets let the best 12 pitchers in the organization pitch for the major league team. Seems pretty simple to me.

Yost will give him a couple more shots at getting himself together. Bush is the only weak spot thus far in the season. If he doesnt find himself he may be headed to the pen. Villy and Parra deserve the starts until one of them fall apart themselves.

While I agree that Bush has not pitched well at all and has been the worst of the 5. I dont think Parras last start was anything to be excited about either. I am not saying that I am not excited about him or anything, because I think he is going to be an excellent pitcher. His last start was just...ehhh

There is a very good chance Bush is gonna be heading to the DL. Something isn't right.

He's got a mini inverted W that Prior and Wood had: http://www.chrisoleary.com/projects/Baseball/Pitching/RethinkingPitching/Essays/DeathToTheInvertedW.html

http://www.rightfieldbleachers.com/uploaded_images/DaveBush-798250.jpghttp://www.chrisoleary.com/projects/Baseball/Pitching/Images/Examples/Example_InvertedW_MarkPrior_002.jpg

I have no idea if there is anything to this guy's theory, but I don't see an inverted W in your picture of Bush, anyway...more like a sideways "L".

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't know where else to put this, but when I was reading the "probable pitchers" area on Brewers.com I came across this interesting little tid-bit...

Bush found success in his most recent start by using the inner half of the plate, somewhat of a departure from pitching coach Mike Maddux's philosophy.

Do you think they have been asking Bush to pitch a different way than he is comfortable with? I could only wonder if defensive set up or something along those lines were causing the staff to ask Bush to work out of his comfort zone or something?

Between the new handling of the bullpen (which i'm really hoping stays), and this new stuff with the pitchers, it sounds like much more is being done. I'm starting to slowly gain some respect for this staff if they can fix some of this stuff. I just wish they could have done it earlier.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Archived