Brewer Fanatic

Official 2008 Masters Tournament Thread

BrewCrewForever
Although two rounds have already been played thought I would start this up for the weekend play of the greatest golf tourney. Well Tiger back at -1, 7 shots off the leader Trevor Immelman. I hope Tiger makes the climb back toward the top and gets in position to win it Sunday. I wanna see the Grand Slam in a single season. If Tiger doesn't do it I would kind of like to see Ian Poulter win, that dude is crazy.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

The way Tiger is hitting his irons right now doesn't give him the best chance. He has had way to many putts over 20 feet. He's one of the best putters but that's a tough way to win. I never count him out but he's going to have to drop a couple 66's to win. That said, Snedecker has been golfing brilliantly. I hope he takes it because he's one of my favorite young golfers on tour. Immelman is in great position for the win (i know duh because he's in the lead) because I think he has a fifth place finish in the past. He knows his way around Augusta. Same for Mickelson who is right there to take it from both the youngsters. I think he'll prevail.

Tiger finally had a pretty good day, but he still missed a lot of putts he could have made. He should make it interesting tomorrow. Snedeker has looked pretty good so far and as I type this, he makes his first bogey of the day.

Are any of you watching the coverage on DirecTV? I don't usually watch a lot of golf, but I was interested in checking this coverage out. They have a Masters Mix channel which is a screen split in 4, an Amen Corner channel where you only see the players on that hole and ******* 15&16 channel.

As far as I can tell, it's free. If you have DirecTV, check out channel 701.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Are any of you watching the coverage on DirecTV? I don't usually watch a lot of golf, but I was interested in checking this coverage out. They have a Masters Mix channel which is a screen split in 4, an Amen Corner channel where you only see the players on that hole and ******* 15&16 channel.

As far as I can tell, it's free. If you have DirecTV, check out channel 701.

I haven't been watching it on DirecTV, but the Masters website has those same channels that you speak of. I watched it quite a bit when there wasn't any television coverage yet.

Yeah Eldrick had a good day getting to -5 but the guys near the top built there leads as well. Eldrick being 6 back would be a hell of a comeback on the final day. Can he do it? Sure he's Tiger Woods, but I don't think he will. Lefty had kind of a bad day. I guess if Eldrick can't make the comeback Sneadeker would be my choice to win the green jacket.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I watch golf for Tiger, and even when he isn't on, he still finishes in the top 3. He finished 2nd and its considered a disappointment because this was the year he was supposed to run away with the grand slam. Most players would kill to finish second.

Archived