Brewer Fanatic

5/18/07 Twins (Bonser) @ Brewers (Capuano) : 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
But you are wrong, more than 0 managers would have pinch hit for Capuano. especially with a fresh pen.

Eh...29 out of 30 managers would have let Capuano hit.

He had one bad inning, was getting outs otherwise, and there was only one guy on, down five with two outs. One less pinch hitter today because of Weeks sitting, so really it's the right decision to have Cappy hit.

If there was one out, or more than one guy on, etc., I'm sure Ned would have hit for Cappy. Unfortunately Graffy hit one for an easy 4-6-3 a few batters earlier.

I take it back, I'm 99% sure that every manager would have had Capuano hit.

You have to be kidding me. Jenkins swings at two breaking balls that bounce in front or on the plate and then lets the breaking ball down the middle go!!!!

This offense needs to wake up or we are in serious trouble.

Sundevil...where have you been to back me up all season??? I get rocked every time I mention this.

I have tried to reason and let him hit out of this funk!!! But this is absolutly ridicuolus. We need to draft up a new line up or we are going to lose this divison lead in a matter of no time. (WEST COAST SWING)

Quote:
Eh...29 out of 30 managers would have let Capuano hit.

If Cappy was getting weak grounders and striking people out, you have a point. However, you neglect to pay attention to the game and see that there were many hard outs and Cappy could not locate his fastball at all.

Quote:
If Cappy was getting weak grounders and striking people out, you have a point. However, you neglect to pay attention to the game and see that there were many hard outs and Cappy could not locate his fastball at all.

Right. I guess those two inning ending double plays off groundballs were just my imagination wishing that that's what was really happening?

Pathetic display by this team tonight.

Also, real glad we kept Graffy instead of Cirillo, if it was between Graff and Cirillo.

Maybe I'm just frustrated with this team now, but it's real hard to watch them play.

Quote:
Right. I guess those two inning ending double plays off groundballs were just my imagination wishing that that's what was really happening?

You are looking past those baserunners that got on in the first place and that we are talking about Lew Ford and the like hitting those grounders.

All in all, we are talking about potentially something small that could have been a game opportunity. The odds were slim, but look at the outcome now. I made a first guess and I was right, just let it go. I will and have been wrong many times myself.

No biggie...http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Quote:
You are looking past those baserunners that got on in the first place and that we are talking about Lew Ford and the like hitting those grounders.

Morneau grounded into the second inning ending double play, but you must have been "neglected to watch the game."

Quote:
All in all, we are talking about potentially something small that could have been a game opportunity. The odds were slim, but look at the outcome now. I made a first guess and I was right, just let it go. I will and have been wrong many times myself.

First off, you didn't exactly go out on a limb and make a good guess...of course the odds are better of extending an inning with a pinch hitter over the pitcher, but that's not the point here.

And I'm assuming that you are insinuating that I'm wrong...and that would have to mean that Yost is wrong too, along with anyone else that would have kept Cappy in, which in my opinion would be the majority.

Quote:
I made a first guess and I was right, just let it go. I will and have been wrong many times myself.

Being wrong one more time shouldn't bother you much then. Pinch hitting for him was the wrong move, pure and simple. If there had been 2 runners on I could see, maybe even if a runner were on 2nd, but with a runner on 1st its just not a good enough percentage play to waste your SP for a pinch hit.

At best its a close call and call Ned an idiot for not doing it is completely out of line and in my opinion and most others in this thread it was the correct move. You have to try to get that 6th inning out of your starter.

Good argument with you guys tonight-Ennder and Jlau.

Must have been a garbage night to rehash a lousy AB in the 5th.

None of us will back down but I will promise you that a good % of managers would have made a move there. However, we will never know and that's what makes baseball great.

Quote:
Good argument with you guys tonight-Ennder and Jlau.

Must have been a garbage night to rehash a lousy AB in the 5th.

None of us will back down but I will promise you that a good % of managers would have made a move there. However, we will never know and that's what makes baseball great.

Agreed, nothing personal at all of course.

Actually laughed out loud when I read the garbage night comment.

I'm out, let's get one tomorrow.

Archived