Brewer Fanatic

5/18/07 Twins (Bonser) @ Brewers (Capuano) : 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now, I'm as big of a Ned supporter as there is, however, how many more games in a row are we going to trot out the most anemic lineup in baseball? If weeks is shelved, and can't go for a while, or even if he continues to struggle, lets go get a freaking bat! Boof Bonser is destroying this lineup.

If weeks is shelved, and can't go for a while, or even if he continues to struggle, lets go get a freaking bat!

They're happy with Graffanino and Counsell. Why else would they throw millions of dollars at those clowns? They must be.

Not too much to complain about tonight, one rough inning for Cappy, very rough unfortunately. I'm not about to start bashing Ned for letting Rickie rest, I think that's the right call if there's soreness or something there...BUT

Counsellino is one word, and that means only one of them can be starting at a time, a Counsellino divided against itself CANNOT stand. Worlds are colliding.

Rickie Weeks is my favorite baseball player. It has killed me lately because of his struggles. However, we should just DL him and call someone else (maybe a Brewerfan favorite like Rottino-even though I think he is average at best) up in his stead of it is costing us to bat our struggling pitcher when we are down 4 runs and our bullpen is fresh.

Makes sense to me.

I'm not bashing Ned at all, or management, all I'm saying is if this team is a contender, and clearly the offense is struggling as they are currently making Boof Bonser look like Cy Young, lets be active and make a change. Not sit and watch a hot start to a season implode.

Does anyone on this board seriously think a team that starts Gross, Counsell, and Graffy is a contender?

Seriously, was it really that important to let Capuano pitch another 1/3 inning? Even if he would have made it through the 6th, is it really that important that Capuano pitches instead of Villanueva?

Don't blow Villanueva on this game...come on! We might need him for a close game on Sat or Sun. This one is over the way we're being shut down by Bonser. It should be Dessens time (wave the white flag Ned!)

Cappy hitting was fine. I don't know what you guys are talking about.

Had Graffanino not grounded into a double play, when Jenkins of all people walks to try to get something started, Yost would have pinch hit for Cappy.

But given there was two outs, big whoop, hope Cappy can eat up another inning for us.

He hasn't been terrible, off yes, but only one big blowup in one inning.

Fine decision.

Again, down 5-1 with a struggling pitcher and we decide not to pinch hit against freaking Boof Bonser.

We will never know if we got an inning going later-look the Twins scored 5 runs with two out-and now we are down 6-1 and a new reliever comes in.

STUPID! A first guess too...not a second.

You are simply being too result oriented. Putting Dessens in when the game is 4-3 in the 9th is a dumb move but sometimes he still gets a save. It was the right move, it was a bad result. No major league manager pinch hits for Capuano there.

No major league manager uses their closer when the game is on the line in the 7th or 8th inning if its not a "save situation" either. I just thought it was too late too be wasting an out. A runner on first with two outs isn't much, but it's the best chance we've had since the first inning.

Archived