Brewer Fanatic

4/12/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Mets (Santana): 12:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
way to beat out that grounder braun..take notes Fielder..you would have been safe if you had tried

do you mean that one he fouled off? if so, I don't think Fielder knew he got a piece of it and hence didn't start running right away. you could be talking about another AB, though.

I dont know why you are always the one to blame yost? If you knew anything you would know that very very rarely a manager calls a double steal. Braun went on his own. Just find a new excuse please.

You are 100% wrong. Double steals only come from the dougout. The runners took off at the same time, it would be pretty stupid for the guy at 1st to do that on his own.

I dont know why you are always the one to blame yost? If you knew anything you would know that very very rarely a manager calls a double steal. Braun went on his own. Just find a new excuse please.

Umm it was a double steal. Players don't call those, managers do.

I see nothing wrong with a double steal attempt. With Sheets up next, you want to try to maximize your scoring opportunities ASAP. If you can get Braun to 3rd with Hardy up, then an out could score him. With Braun on 2nd, Hardy still needs to get a hit. Chances are, if Braun doesn't get to 3rd with Hardy at the plate, we're not going to score.

Look, the Brewers have been aggressive on the base paths all season so far, and have been quite successful in that aspect of the game. Sometimes you're going to make outs. Plus, by continuing to be aggressive, you give the other team an opportunity to screw up.

Umm it was a double steal. Players don't call those, managers do.

There is no sense talking to you. You haven't got a clue. Third base is stolen on runners instinct and the other runner follows when he sees him go. But you live in your Yost hating world.

I see nothing wrong with a double steal attempt. With Sheets up next, you want to try to maximize your scoring opportunities ASAP. If you can get Braun to 3rd with Hardy up, then an out could score him. With Braun on 2nd, Hardy still needs to get a hit. Chances are, if Braun doesn't get to 3rd with Hardy at the plate, we're not going to score.

I agree.. only reason people are complaining is because he was called out.. if he would have been safe the same people would have been praising the agressive baserunning especially after Hardy hits a Sac Fly and Sheets strikes out..

There is no sense talking to you. You haven't got a clue. Third base is stolen on runners instinct and the other runner follows when he sees him go. But you live in your Yost hating world.

Are you kidding? They went at the same time. It's pretty obvious it was a double steal if the runner at 1st went at the same time as the runner at 2nd. Jesus, everything to you is Yost hating. Get over it.

Are you kidding? They went at the same time. It's pretty obvious it was a double steal if the runner at 1st went at the same time as the runner at 2nd. Jesus, everything to you is Yost hating. Get over it.

No, I think Hart went after he saw Braunie go

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Archived