Brewer Fanatic

4/12/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Mets (Santana): 12:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, there's a lucky break start to this game. Now, get him over and get him in!

Well, that works to get him over.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

braun put himself into a bad position by reaching out of the zone earlier. Pitchers have no reason to throw him strikes to him.

It also seems to be me Braun is really pressing. One thing that stands out is that he traditionally takes a lot of time between swings, makes the pitcher wait on him. He's not doing that ..at least not that at-bat.

I know this goes against everything in the "baseball book" but why not have Braun try and lay down a bunt to get Weeks in. You just new he was going to strikeout in that situation.

Now the Mets have a guy at 3rd and 1 out. I'll be shocked if they don't get him in.

I have a question. Why does hart catch that ball? I suppose getting the out is more important, but with the ACE out there isn't it worth the chance? As I write this I see in this case it doesn't matter, but in general, with Ben getting outs around 70% of the time, why not let the foul ball land and try to avoid the runner tagging home?

Archived