Brewer Fanatic

4/12/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Mets (Santana): 12:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
I wouldn't be complaining if he was called safe. Results aside, that still doesn't make it a smart decision.

Exactly. The "the same people..." argument is annoying and totally non sequitur.

Also, BA made it sound like a double steal, although I don't know for sure. It was dumb whoever's idea it was.

All I know is the rule I was always taught is never make the first or third out at 3B. If I remember correctly that was the second out and with the bottom of the order up that was actually a very good idea to attempt at that time...

To think otherwise is clearly not thinking.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CUT GROSS NOW. I dont want to see that bafoon play in front of Kapler one more time until Cam and Tony come back. I dont care about pitching matchups. Gross has cost them on defense every game as well. Kapler is hot!

I don't know about cutting Gross, but I definitely agree that he is a liability in CF. I don't know who annointed him a CF'er in the first place. I don't mind Gross, just can't stand watching him play center

It didnt make sense to live him in but I will take it. Also it is going to be interesting to see what happens with the outfielders once Cameron's suspension is over.

If Hart doesn't pick it up by then, I could see Kapler getting time in RF once in a while.

I admit I freaked out when the Brewers signed Kapler this past January

Yes.. lots of people called it a dumb decisions. Personally I thought he was training camp fodder and wouldn't make the roster.

Nice to know that Melvin may know more about baseball than us.

MBF, you are kidding right? Gross is an almost perfect bench player

lol I dont want him "cut" no.

But I also dont want him getting the automatic start against all rhp until cam comes back. Sometimes you HAVE to play the hot hand when your team is slumping. I am also not going to blame or hate on Yost, but from now on I want to see more Kapler and less Gross.

Yeah, I can't see Hart sitting too much. But, we do have nice depth that is for sure. I dont think many of us thought Kapler would make the team and when he did I think most thought it might just be until Cameron returned but he is keeping himself on the team

I wouldn't be complaining if he was called safe. Results aside, that still doesn't make it a smart decision.

Exactly. The "the same people..." argument is annoying and totally non sequitur.

Also, BA made it sound like a double steal, although I don't know for sure. It was dumb whoever's idea it was.

All I know is the rule I was always taught is never make the first or third out at 3B. If I remember correctly that was the second out and with the bottom of the order up that was actually a very good idea to attempt at that time...

I don't know about that. They might have walked(intentionally or working out of the zone) JJ to get to Sheets who you would just let strike out or walk. That would have gave a bases loaded opportunity to Kendall. That might be a long shot though.

lets go on record now....8th inning......benny, mota, or other?

my vote is mota..excellent job ben but coming off a complete game i dont want to push his pitch count too high, despite the fact that he's mowing them down. go to the fresh pen. mota.....gasp, gagne.

excellent job ben!!!

I don't know about that. They might have walked(intentionally or working out of the zone) JJ to get to Sheets who you would just let strike out or walk. That would have gave a bases loaded opportunity to Kendall. That might be a long shot though.

Yes.. that is true but then you instead of having Hardy and Sheets hit with 1st and 2nd. You have either Sheets bunting again or Kendall hitting (your hottest hitter) with bases loaded.

So to me either way you are in a better position. Or

wow! what guts and stuff from Sheeter on an off day.

He may be for real again this year. Can he possibly do better than 2004 (besides W-L record, of course)?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

lets go on record now....8th inning......benny, mota, or other?

my vote is mota..excellent job ben but coming off a complete game i dont want to push his pitch count too high, despite the fact that he's mowing them down. go to the fresh pen. mota.....gasp, gagne.

excellent job ben!!!

It doesn't matter to me. If I'm Ned I ask him if he wants to/can go one more inning. If he says yes send him out, if not go to Mota. If he does go out for the 8th have somebody warmed up just in case.

Archived