Brewer Fanatic

You know what the scary thing is? Cubs fans are the smart ones

endaround

I was thinking about this the other day...I guess we'll see what comes of those draft picks we got for Coco, or even Laynce Nix (rolling my eyes), but what is El Caballo's legacy in Milwaukee?

The White Sox won a World Series title after the trade--I'd argue that they did indeed "win" the trade.

I was thinking about this the other day...I guess we'll see what comes of those draft picks we got for Coco, or even Laynce Nix (rolling my eyes), but what is El Caballo's legacy in Milwaukee?

The White Sox won a World Series title after the trade--I'd argue that they did indeed "win" the trade.

A world series that they would have gone to with Lee anyway since it was 99% their pitching that led to it. You can make an argument they wouldn't have won it without Pods though just because he happened to have a big hit in it.

To put it another way, if the Yankees trade ARod for Helms and win the world series did they win the trade? Of course not, the two events have nothing to do with each other.

I don't understand the thread title.

Cubs fans are smarter than White Sox fans because White Sox fans think trading Carlos Lee for Podsednik gave them a huge spark and allowed them to win the World Series.

selfish, all-or-nothing hitters such as Carlos Lee

So what, exactly, is selfish? Hitting HR or making outs? Clearly Lee is more selfish, hogging all those non-team-aiding HRs, but then also being so selfish by not making nearly as many outs as Podsednik. Lee's such a poo-poo-head!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

The real advantage of the Carlos Lee trade to the White Sox was that it cleared salary that they spent on free agents Orlando Hernandez and Jermaine Dye. If they were unwilling or unable to make the signings without moving Lee's salary, then they probably wouldn't have won anything in '05 with Lee. They were a mid-level salary team before '05, though they're a big budget team now.

Archived