Brewer Fanatic

questions about the metavante club...

BREWCREW5
Im pretty certain someone would be able to help me out. My buddy got some really nice tickets to a series at Miller Park coming up in late July. With the tickets also came tickets to the Metavante Club (sp?). Come someone fill me in to what exactly this place is? I have been to Miller Park probably a hudred times but never stepped foot into the .300 club or this new one. Does they charge you for the food and beverages? Should we even go up there?

Im pretty certain someone would be able to help me out. My buddy got some really nice tickets to a series at Miller Park coming up in late July. With the tickets also came tickets to the Metavante Club (sp?). Come someone fill me in to what exactly this place is? I have been to Miller Park probably a hudred times but never stepped foot into the .300 club or this new one. Does they charge you for the food and beverages? Should we even go up there?

It's basically a restaurant, so yes, you'll get charged for food and beverages. Personally, I don't like it because it feels like a very sterile place to watch a game (at least indoors). It's not too bad on the deck, tho.

It depends on what you like. I sometimes like having dinner there while watching the first few innings, then heading to the outside area for the rest of the game. You can also just go right outside and have a limited menu out there. I like being there during Cubs games, since Cubs fans don't generally act like complete knobs in there.

Just to add a little. The whole "Club", in addition to the name change, was remodeled this season. Personally, I love the change. It went from dark and blah, to very bright and just very nice. I was never that impressed with the .300 club, but I like the new metavante club a lot more.

Have not had the buffet since the opening year. Prices are on the higher end ($12 for a burger) but what else would you expect. Mixed drinks are slightly more than at Fridays ($8 compared to $6.50). Shots were like $12 each though (ouch). Although I will say, after Fridays charged me $56 for two shots without so much as a warning, $12 seems like a steal.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Although I will say, after Fridays charged me $56 for two shots
of?

Four horseman. Jim. Jack. Captain & Jose. $4 at my local bar.

I've had this drink at a regular Fridays - heck - I've had it at the Miller Park Fridays before and NEVER was it anywhere near $28. I had it at the 300 club last year and it was $12. How they justify this is beyond me. And we're talking shots here!

We splurged on the buffet last Sunday, and it was impressive. It was brunch, with an omelet station, many other good breakfast options, pastries... really a nice spread. They also had some lunch options too - carved ham and turkey and 5 different salads and a lot more. As they explained it, it's a different buffet depending on the game time, and the featured options change, too.

We got the first reservation time available, an hour and a half before the game, so we got to watch the end of batting practice, and were in our seats by the end of the 1st inning. We requested a window table which was nice, but the way it's arranged, all tables have a great view. I can't remember exactly, but I think it was $30 or $35 per person.

I love tailgating, but once a year this is fun for us to do.

Totally off track, but i was always under the assumption that a four horseman was 3 whiskys(Jim, Jack, Johnny Walker) and a tequila(Jose)? Least that's what i always get when i ask for it at the Bar.

Could very well be. I know a lot of bartenders don't even know whats in it. As a matter of fact , the waiter came back to our table to ask us if he ordered it correctly.

I know the Metavante Club membership is offered free to 2-seat season ticket holders in "most" locations - does anyone know exactly what that means? I assume it's anything except Terrace Reserved, because I didn't get one. Does anyone have a membership that has Terrace Box seats?

I asked Tom Hardicourt about this in the Brewers blog this winter and he seemed to think everyone (even little 'ol me) would get a membership.

I'm not too hurt about this, but it was nice to sit out on the balcony and get some nachos and watch BP.

we used to get a whole bunch of .300 club passes with our 20-game season ticket package in the Terrace Box. Granted, these passes just allowed you into the club--you still had to pay for food, drink, etc.--and they seemed to give them away like candy, I thought. An usher pretty much stood outside the door and asked passers-by if they wanted a pass.

We went inside once, and, yeah, it was pretty dark. But we went out onto the patio during BP and had a few beers and some nachos and chicken sandwich. I thought the prices outside were very comparable to Friday's or any of those type restaurants. Don't know if prices have changed with the name change, though. Bottom line: I was impressed with the old set-up so I'm sure the new one is better.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Have been up there couple times this season. The bar area is roomier & brighter. The dining area looks much the same except brighter. The patio still has slow service & high prices for an ordinary brat or hot dog.

We go up there to use the bathrooms.

SteveA

Totally off track, but i was always under the assumption that a four horseman was 3 whiskys(Jim, Jack, Johnny Walker) and a tequila(Jose)? Least that's what i always get when i ask for it at the Bar.

Could very well be. I know a lot of bartenders don't even know whats in it. As a matter of fact , the waiter came back to our table to ask us if he ordered it correctly.

I noticed that too! Most seem to know a 3 wisemen, but not a 4 horsemen.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Archived