Brewer Fanatic

The 42 Decisive Games of 2008

Pedro

Okay, so is it 42 or 54 decisive games? Or should we compromise and call it 48?

Whatever the case, I just had two beers and a day-old brat, so here's my update:

Game 10 - Parra @ Figueroa - I don't even wanna comment on this one, but, of course, I had it in the win column

Game 11 - Sheets @ Santana - I'm torn between a should be loss and toss-up, but I'll mark it as one of the D42

Game 12 - Suppan @ Perez - sure seemed like a D42 game to me

What does that make us, like 4-0 in decisive game?

Comments, corrections?

I think the idea was more that there are X number of games that you were going to lose almost no matter what, the pitching matchups etc don't really matter much. We are going to have games where some scrub dominates us and Sheets gives up 6 runs and we get the loss and that is part of the losing X, we'll have games where Bush dominates and we score 10 runs and that is part of the winning X.

The games that matter are the ones that come down to 1 or 2 AB/plays. The games that even a small change to what happened can alter who wins the game. Those are the middle X that make the most difference. In the NFL that is like 75% of the games now it seems, just 1 play going the other way turns a loss into a win. .

Ennder wrote:

The games that matter are the ones that come down to 1 or 2 AB/plays. The games that even a small change to what happened can alter who wins the game. Those are the middle X that make the most difference. In the NFL that is like 75% of the games now it seems, just 1 play going the other way turns a loss into a win.

You are talking about games like last year when Cordero gave up a HR to A-Ram instead of getting a save, I assume.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived