Brewer Fanatic

5/20/07 Twins (Ortiz) @ Brewers (Vargas): 1:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's ONE start of 8. In those last three starts I mentioned, he's had a WHIP of around 1.00, which is great for a pitcher.

Well, his career WHIP is 1.44, and that's an even better indicator than the 3 starts you keep mentioning.

Fortunately, even after today his end result is better than the guy that we traded for him, who has actually been even more lucky to this point.

I'm not comparing him to Doug Davis. I'm comparing him to another starting pitching option who is on the team right now, Carlos Villanueva. I think Villanueva would be a much better starting pitcher.

Quote:
But that goes south for Turnbow more often than it goes well lately.

Dude had one bad outing when he was brought in out of his role with 2 guys already on base.

He bounced back the next night and threw very well.

He threw very well yesterday.

He threw very well today.

He threw very well the 20 outings prior to Monday.

He had a bad outing, but because of last year, everyone is expecting the same kind of collapse.

Community Moderator

I'm comparing him to another starting pitching option who is on the team right now, Carlos Villanueva. I think Villanueva would be a much better starting pitcher.

I'm not sure why you're comparing him to CV anyway, as that's not what was being debated in the first place.

Did we just gain a game on the ENTIRE division?

Reds lost to the Indiana

Pirates lost (I think)

Cubs lost big to the Sox

Cardinals lost big to the Tigers

Astros lost BIG to the Rangers

Anyone that thinks the Brewers will be caught by the end of this month is silly...don't worry. With a 5.5 game lead...the Brewers could lose all 6 on the road trip and a couple to the Braves and would still need the 2nd place team to go 7-1 to catch them.

With Suppan, Sheets, and Cappy going against Tomko, Wolf, and Penney...I like the Crew's chance to get a couple in LA.

I'm not sure why you're comparing him to CV anyway

Seriously? Those two guys are the options for the #5 spot. Why wouldn't you compare them to see who's the better option?

that's not what was being debated in the first place.

Sure it was. Re-read the thread. The whole topic came up because we were discussing the benefits/drawbacks of having Villanueva in long relief vs starting.

Archived