Brewer Fanatic

5/20/07 Twins (Ortiz) @ Brewers (Vargas): 1:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Apparently I should go to Woodman's when the Brewers are playing like crap more often....

You should stay there for the rest of the game. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I love me some Carlos Villanueva. Oh how much better would I feel having him as our #4 or 5 starter. The only negative to that is we wouldn't get him to help us in long-relief to hold leads in the 'pen.

The only negative to that is we wouldn't get him to help us in long-relief to hold leads in the 'pen.

Agreed. For a "long middle reliever" he's actually been used in a lot of make-or-break game situations. Even so, it'd be sweet and more useful to have him starting. As long as Vargas continues to keep his numbers respectable though, it's probably not going to be a justifiable move in Ned's mind.

Vargas has been pretty terrible since his second start but the stats people seem to care about W-L record and ERA are both decent so we won't put him in relief. Bush is the opposite but I personally think it would be moronic to put him in the bullpen.

In good news, Zambrano got nailed again today and the Scrubs are losing big as is Houston.

Cinci, STL and Pit have all already lost.

Archived