Brewer Fanatic

5/20/07 Twins (Ortiz) @ Brewers (Vargas): 1:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some people are getting too emotional here. It is possible to pull for the Brewers and be frustrated with them. We do need to re-evaluate some things, especially with our line-up. We need to reward people who work the count and get on base. I also think that Claudio Vargas has been walking a tightrope and is in the beginning of falling off. He reminds me of Jamey Wright.

Quote:
Woohoo! That dribbler by Graffy put him back above Dave Bush in the OPS column. I'm opening up a bottle of champagne...

I don't know if I should laugh hysterically or cry in anger.

Quote:
Hall better be moved out of that 4-hole very soon.

To be honest with you, he never should have been in it in the first place. He's not an every day player. He should be batting 6th or 7th and only playing against certain Righties.

I think counting on him to be a major run producer is one of the biggest mistakes the organization has made in the last few years.

Quote:
The people who talk about the brewers losing the division lead should find another hobby. Why would you talk down like that? Is this what you want or do you really hate the team? Get this slide out of the way now and fix some things. But our division is not very good and I think its going to take longer than a week for one of these teams to catch us.

Someone asked a question and I just gave my opinion. Looking at the schedules, the Astros have an easier schedule in the next two weeks than the Brewers do. I'd hate to see the Brewers lose the division lead, but it'll probably happen sooner or later -- how often do teams lead their division all season?

As far as today's game goes, it's only 4 innings into the game...a 3 run deficit is not that big. Even though the Brewers didn't get any runs in the 4th, they at least started hitting the ball with some authority, meaning there's still some hope.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

He's not an every day player.

While I agree he is struggling and as I said not worthy of cleanup-hitter status, I disagree wholeheartedly with the above statement. jloos said it best, he hit 35 HR last year and that doesn't happen by mistake. I say move him to the 5-6 spot and let it ride out. He'll find his stroke eventually...I just hope its sooner than later.

C'mon Jenks. It's up to you this inning.

I'm sorry to be so negative, Brewers77 (I promise I'm a real fan!), but I have little faith in Miller/Graffanino/Counsell/Pitcher to drive in runs at this point.

Jenkins and Hardy are really putting on a show today. It's very encouraging to see a comeback like this when the team has been going through a very rough stretch.

The most impressive thing for me is Jenkins going for the ground ball going up back through the box on the first pitch to score an RBI, then coming back and knocking the big fly this inning.

Archived