Brewer Fanatic

Fielder to be on ABC's GMA

jaybird2001wi

I hid a comment in this thread relating to the pros/cons of eating meat and the effects it has. Let's please keep the focus on Fielder's appearance on GMA. I know this will be difficult, given the strong opinions people feel about this particular topic.

But please, let's do our best to keep the moderators' blood pressure at a reasonable level.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
GMA broadcasts on Saturdays?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Maybe they'll tape the segment this afternoon.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I hope they ask him about his fashion preferences. Knee high pants - Not a fan. Prince isn't exactly a good interview so we shall se what they get out of him.

I Have to give him some credit for improving his speaking skills though. The Brewers obviously brought someone in to help the young guys that were obviously not naturals in front of the camera (when not playing baseball that is). I know Russ is the stats guy here, but I think it's safe to say that as a team we've cut down on the "ya knows" by at least 50%.

I can almost guarantee you that Prince will spend a portion of time explaining how he's been working with a nutritionist to make sure he's getting enough protein in his diet. When he does, I hope that is the end of the previous debate because it should be.

why do you guys care if rickie and prince say "you know" every other word? And why should the Brewers "bring someone in" to fix their speaking skills. That is ridiculous, their job is to play baseball, and they don't need a coach to teach them how to speak. Frankly I think it is rude, and just plain dumb to get on his case because "he doesn't give good interviews." Obviously someone likes him, because he keeps getting them...

What's next for these guys? Soap opera cameos?

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

why do you guys care if rickie and prince say "you know" every other word? And why should the Brewers "bring someone in" to fix their speaking skills. That is ridiculous, their job is to play baseball, and they don't need a coach to teach them how to speak. Frankly I think it is rude, and just plain dumb to get on his case because "he doesn't give good interviews." Obviously someone likes him, because he keeps getting them...

I don't think anyone actually said we have a problem with their speaking skills. I don't care if they are affluent or not but it has been very obvious that they aren't comfortable in front of a mike.

why do you guys care if rickie and prince say "you know" every other word?

It gets a little annoying at times. All things being equal, I'd rather listen to someone with enough eloquence to not rely on crutch phrases. I realize they are baseball players, but part of a baseball player's job is to bring in fans. The better they get at public speaking, the more affable they seem to the general public, the more people want to see them, buy their merchandise, etc. For instance part of Brett Favre's charm is his ability to talk well. And for their own personal gain, the better you talk, the more endorsement deals you're gonna get.

The Brewers also seem to care enough to put them through interview coaching sessions during their minor league time.

-billyhallfan

I don't care how many times they say "ya know." In fact I, along with a lot of other people here, found some light-hearted humor out of it considering there was a whole thread about the "ya knows" either last year or the year before. I don't recall anyone demanding that they fix their speaking skills on here at all. It was pretty apparent to me that Prince was naturally shy or nervous when being interviewed live on camera in the past and he's gotten noticeably better at it as his confidence and position as a team leader has solidified. If you actually read the first couple words of my post I was recognizing Prince's improved speech and was not putting him down. Lastly, having solid personable traits and speaking skills is important in all walks of professional life. Prince and Rickie are in essence ambassadors for the Brewers business and organization, and saying "ya know" every other word in a sentence, while obviously a petty flaw, is just poor grammar and something that can be fixed.

I have a co worker who uses "like" in every sentence. It does get annoying but I also realize that she has no idea that she is even doing it so I cant get mad or anything like that.

Is your co-worker a 15 year old girl? Like oh my God, that guy is so cute. I think he like looked at me in biology but I don't think it was that like I think you're cute look, like I want to be your boyfriend. It was more like you're cool maybe we could like go to a movie sometime and just be friends. I don't know, like I guess that could be cool but I'm just like looking for a boyfriend right now.

So, like, what's your point, trwi?

This veers OT, sorry... Am I the only one that's really annoyed by Good Morning America now attempting to go by "GMA"? What's next, the local news at 10pm trying to pass as "TLN @ 10"? Am I just Andyrooneying it up?

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

From JSOline...

Apparently, if you don't have a home run, you can't be on "Good Morning America."

OK, just kidding. But, for whatever reason, GMA has canceled the in-studio interview with Prince Fielder and wife Chanel schedule for Saturday morning.

Instead, GMA says they will run a taped interview with the couple, done earlier in the week in Milwaukee, either Saturday or Sunday. Interesting that they don't even specify the day.

Oh well, I guess we can all sleep in tomorrow.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Archived