Brewer Fanatic

Anyone here love Tiger Meat?

strawbossisevil

Nasty nasty nasty

My mothers side of the family eats that, it grosses me out on two fronts.

1. Onions are pure evil, a plague on this earth. If i was allowed any fives wishes of my choosing, one would be to remove onions from the planet.

2. I tried one bite of the raw beef and the texture was enough to almost make me pull a Steve O from !%!*$@# and yack all over the place.

I used to have it at family get togethers growing up, but I haven't had it in years. I enjoyed it. Raw beef and Limberger cheese were two of the things I remember from my great grandfather's Christmas Eve buffets. (Rraw beef, Limberger cheese, and cigars and he lived to 103)

I've never heard this be called Tiger Meat. There's a proper German name for it, but I've also heard them called Cannibal Sandwiches.

I just got back from Germany 2 weeks ago. It's called Gehacktes over there. One of my favorite parts of touring Germany is stopping by my grandparrents house and eating it with them. It's a traditional dinner dish for them served up on a roll with mustard and onions. As an added bonus I got to enjoy it in front of my vegetarian sister. (I am evil).

This was discussed at length a few holiday seasons ago (I want to say that it was many pages long), I think the general consensus was that it was enjoyable. I have heard of this food, but have never seen it served.

I love raw sashimi, but I wouldn't eat raw beef unless it came from a farmer I knew. Beef is just too risky and not prepared or handled to be eaten raw.

The real problem isn't the farm it came from as much as the meat processor if I'm not mistaken. The problem arises when the equipment used in the processing isn't cleaned properly and the bacteria starts to grow and the meat processed after that gets contaminated. I'm kind of picky when it comes to my meat and pretty much limit myself to local butchers for that very reason. The only time I eat meat from large processing plants is when I eat out. When it comes to cannibal sandwiches I grind my own.

When I was in Hawaii I had raw tuna that was quite good.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived