Brewer Fanatic

5/21/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Dodgers (Tomko): 9:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any offense you get from your catcher is a bonus... the concern to me is when you don't get offense from a power position (i.e. 3B)..

Similarly can't understand why the Yankees go with Dougie M at first.. he is the 1B equivalent of Counsell..

I fall asleep before 8PM bored and watching Friends, to wake and find the crew up 3-0. Me likey.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Gwynn back to reality, 3 for his last 17 with 0 BB. I'd really like to see Gross get more of these starts and utilize his patience and OBP behind Weeks. I know this argument has been hashed out 800 times, but I really like the idea of Gross' OBP hitting #2 in this current lineup permutation.

I just flipped on ESPN and guess what was on? Highlights of Red Sox - Yankees and now analysis of the game..

I'm watching ESPN out of the corner of my eye and EVERY time I look at the TV it is a clip of A-Rod hitting a homerun off of Tim Wakefield. They've shown this clip a minimum of 15 times, but I guess that's what the people want.

Yes Estrada is a good hitting catcher. That doesn't mean he should hit 5th.

I'm glad Ned Yost is the manager and not you. I'll take a .300 hitting batter in the 5-spot on my team any day of the week.

Note: I know Estrada is hitting .285 right now but it'll be .300 in no time.

Quote:
Suppan is dealing tonight. What a great signing. He's never gonna win a Cy Young but he's a very very solid starter.

I agree.. the concern is in year 3 and 4 when the Brewers need to pay other players and he is dragging down 10 - 12 million a year..

Of course if the Brewers make the playoffs this year and / or next as a result of him I will gladly let Capuano or Sheets walk..

Quote:
I'm watching ESPN out of the corner of my eye and EVERY time I look at the TV it is a clip of A-Rod hitting a homerun off of Tim Wakefield. They've shown this clip a minimum of 15 times, but I guess that's what the people want.

I am surprised the anchors on ESPN don't speek with an English accent since they obviously only think there a 13 colonies still.

I am sure they will find time for Arena highlights tonight though..

I'm glad Ned Yost is the manager and not you. I'll take a .300 hitting batter in the 5-spot on my team any day of the week.

Sorry to always pick on you bucksman, but we have a better option for the 5 slot, that being Geoff Jenkins. There are more to stats than batting .300, such as Jenkins slugging almost .600 so far this year, with a much higher OBP.

There are better hitters in the lineup that hit below him though. He can barely OBP .300 - why is he hitting 5th? It makes no sense.

Quote:
Sorry to always pick on you bucksman, but we have a better option for the 5 slot, that being Geoff Jenkins. There are more to stats than batting .300, such as Jenkins slugging almost .600 so far this year, with a much higher OBP.

Actually I have to disagree.. my turn to beat a dead horse.. the best option by far is Ryan Braun...

Well he could of walked, but I'll take the wounded duck.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Jenks is so streaky, and he's hitting great in the 6-hole. Don't mess with it.

We know Jenks put way too much pressure on himself when he hit 3rd or 4th, so if he's killing the ball hitting sixth, leave him there.

Archived