Brewer Fanatic

5/21/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Dodgers (Tomko): 9:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the lineup!!!

I actually like Estrada in the 5 spot. He doesn't strike out much and there's usually guys on base when he gets up. If Jenkins comes up with runners on in the 5th spot he is more likely to leave them there.

I would probably play Gross in CF and bat him 7th, but understand the thinking of just sliding Hall down for a bit to see if he can get it going against Righties. If that doesn't work, I would think Gross instead of Hall is the next move.

I would contine to play Hall and bat him 4th against Lefties.

I actually like Estrada in the 5 spot. He doesn't strike out much and there's usually guys on base when he gets up. If Jenkins comes up with runners on in the 5th spot he is more likely to leave them there.

What's the difference between a strikeout and a weak grounder to 2nd on the first pitch in that situation? I say none. There's a reason Estrada doesn't have many RBIs even though he HAS had a lot of people on base for him, it's because he simply isn't nearly as good as Jenkins.

EDIT: I guess I just don't see why everyone thinks striking out with runners on base is the worst thing in the world and that's why Estrada should hit 5th. The bottom line is Estrada makes more outs than Jenkins, so Jenkins is more likely to drive those runners in, it's as simple as that. An out is an out with runners on base and 2 outs, be it a strikeout or a flyout to right.

Quote:
There's a reason Estrada doesn't have many RBIs even though he HAS had a lot of people on base for him, it's because he simply isn't nearly as good as Jenkins

I don't know about that, I'd say the .414 OPS with RISP is the big problem, he doesn't have a history of not hitting well with RISP so its just a fluke but its been really killing his RBI this year.

I don't know about that, I'd say the .414 OPS with RISP is the big problem, he doesn't have a history of not hitting well with RISP so its just a fluke but its been really killing his RBI this year.

Well of course, but let's say he puts up around a .730 OPS with RISP, so around his average output. Still wouldn't be close to the .900 OPS clip Jenkins is putting up and has put up this year and even last year.

Did Gameday always have this fancy pitch stuff? This is the first time I've ever it.

As I understand it, some of the ballparks have sensors set up, so that Gameday can display the speed and angles of the pitches. It's pretty nice.

edit: I'm almost positive these features are new for this year.

Archived