Brewer Fanatic

5/21/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Dodgers (Tomko): 9:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
I don't really think he was blaming Gwynn for being a corner outfielder, moreso management for playing him there. The only positions his bat plays is in center, second or maybe short. Gwynn's a center fielder by design, but there isn't really room for one.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate going to the west cost...

Yea!!! West Coast Games. Is there any other West Coast Crew Fans out there? Livin in AZ and drivin out to the Saturday Padres game. Anybody else going that night?

Finally I will be able to get some stuff done before the game starts tonight instead of rushing home to catch the game already in the 4th inning.

GO CREW!!!!!

Quote:
Yea!!! West Coast Games. Is there any other West Coast Crew Fans out there?

Yea chief... I'm in L.A. but have conflicts every night but tonight - and tonight is my one night to take care of stuff around the house.... toyed with the idea of going, but not gonna make it....

I may try to get down to SD this weekend.... but will plan a roadtrip to SF later this year for that series....

I wouldn't start Juan Pierre over Gross or Hart either. The guy hasn't been good for over 2 years now and he's a bad fielder. Just because a guy gets payed a lot doesn't mean he's a good player.

I'd expect Gwynn to be better than Pierre as well because Gwynn seems to understand how important drawing walks is for someone with his skillset and pierre has never learned that lesson.

Weirdos, I kind of like that lineup, except Hall in CF. Although, I'd like to get Hart in there more soon. Gross is someone I used to be a big fan of, but really he wasn't that great outside of his first month last year. I'd like to see Hart in RF, with Gwynn starting may twice a week in RF, once in CF, and Mench traded

Putting Estrada second would make him take a pitch or two.

No it won't. Just because he's hitting 2nd doesn't mean Estrada will change his entire approach. He should be hitting 7th in this lineup, with Counsellino hitting 8th.

You want your 2 hitter to work the count. Just because he makes a lot of contact and would be "good" for a hit and run (a completely overrated aspect of 2 hitters), he would hurt the team at the position. If you want someone to make contact out of the 2 hole, you already have him in Hardy. I believe he has the fewest swing and miss rate on the team, even ahead of Estrada.

if the #2 hitter needs to work the count, then Counsell belongs there, IF you are moving Hardy to #3 and Prince to #4.

I would go with

Gwynn RF

Counsell 3B

Hardy SS

Fielder 1B

Jenkins LF

Estrada C

Hart/Gross RF

Graffinino 3B

Pitcher P

but that's me.

edit: Wow, you know, after posting this, I think this is the first time I have EVER made a mock lineup for the Brewers and posted it on this site.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Weeks - 2B

Gwynn - RF

Hardy - SS

Fielder - 1B

Hall - CF

Jenkins - LF

Estrada - C

Counsell - 3B

Suppan - P

Thats the lineup I go with if you are going to have Gwynn in the game, I think he makes a much better second hitter than Weeks since he seems to work the count well and could even bunt for a hit to also advance weeks. I don't have any issues with Weeks leading off.

Quote:
Gross is someone I used to be a big fan of, but really he wasn't that great outside of his first month last year.

Another myth that needs to die. Gross by month:

April:.323/.417/.774

May:.100/.206/.100

June:.341/.413/.585

July:.273/.404.432

August:.310/.414/.500

Spetember: 4abs .000/.333/.000

He had one bad month. which consited of 30 ABs.

And tonite's official lineup is......

R. Weeks 2B .232

T. Gwynn RF .360

J. Hardy SS .320

P. Fielder 1B .290

J. Estrada C .281

G. Jenkins LF .310

B. Hall CF .261

C. Counsell 3B .224

J. Suppan P .095

I was pretty close http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I don't think Estrada 5th makes much sense either but oh well, hopefully it works out.

I like Weeks leading off much more than Gwynn because Weeks problem is striking out and I dont think it hurts nearly as much leading off. Gwynn can take a pitch and let Weeks steal etc. It also means we don't have 3 no power bats together in the lineup in Counsell, Suppan, Gwynn.

Another myth that needs to die. Gross by month:

Oops, proved me wrong here. I thought most seemed to proclaim it as fact, hence I listened.

I think he can be a solid player, but I just don't think he has a role on this team right now.

I, for one, love the lineup. I think moving Billy down is the right thing to do at this time. I am also happy that Gwynn Jr. is still in the lineup even with Weeks back. It adds a speed dimension to the top of the lineup kind of like what Pierre and Castillo brought to the Marlins a few years back.

And I like Estrada remaining in the 5-hole. He may have his detractors because of his OBP but the dude can flat out rake and he hasn't even gotten hot yet. Need I remind or inform some here that he hit cleanup for the D-Backs last year for a duration of time.

Let's play ball!

Archived