Brewer Fanatic

5/21/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Dodgers (Tomko): 9:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

http://www.thablingster.com/pics/hoistingthefork.png

Good job, prince! Also, way to blow the save opportunity, lol.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the major luxury of Hardy and Fielder batting back-to-back. You HAVE to pitch to one of them -- and neither is a good option.

Now maybe we can give CoCo the day off....I would hope Spurling can hold a 4 run lead for 3 outs.

I hate to be a pessimist, but that homer might actually lower our already high win expectancy. That means we won't see Cordero until another reliever gets in trouble.

But it was fun to watch by Prince http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Jenksfan...

I am not being negative. I am just concerned with TBow lately and movement on his fastball. He is frankly overthrowing it and people are mashing it.

He needs to throw at 94 instead of 97 to get optimal movement and not throw straight balls.

I just don't get Spurling, his stuff is good, seriously he's got good stuff. I just wish he'd just make the good pitch consistently. He's been decent his last few outings, his first couple left quite a bit to be desired.

edit.. See, cruising along, then a pitch that misses by a good 3 feet.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

It was not just your comment bobskube, but a lot of people I have been talking to lately seem to think that Turnbow is garbage and I just get really frustrated. Didn't mean to single you out, your statement just reminded me of a lot of things I have been hearing from knee-jerk friends of mine. My apology if I offended you in any way. That was not my intent and I agree with your assessment of Turnbow trying to overthrow.

Verified Member

It was fun to watch the Prince and Rickie Show. Great way to start this road trip.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/AJAY_02/311206478_32cd2ba274_o.gif

You bet your ass, Stevo, that's the way it's supposed to be!

Just think, we might have the best infield by a very wide margin in a year or two if Braun is as good as we think we can be and Rickie, JJ and Prince keep developing.

Prince is a champion and I know this kid will win a series one day. I think he knows it too. I hope he's a Brewer when he does it.

Great to see 'em start the trip with a win. I think Brewers' wins on the west coast should count double, does anyone have Mr Selig's phone number?

Even my wife can't stand Ann Carroll, which is the first time I've ever heard her say that about a TV announcer.

Yeah, she's really dumb.

My feeling is she never saw a baseball game before all this in her life.

She tries hard it appears but shes just not talented or all too pretty for that matter. She seems so proud when she gets her lines correct. I guess I kind of feel good for her too when this happens.

I don't watch that post game crap anyways too much. It's cool they have it though.

Just got back from the game... some observations:

- I was sitting right next to the left field foul pole and JJ's foul ball went right over my head and landed five rows behind me. Check that - it never landed. This dude tried to catch it, it SMACKED off of his chest, went about five feet up in the air, and he caught it when it came down. Never hit the ground, no glove... just a big welt on his chest and a bare-handed grab. Dude got a standing ovation. LA, because of how short the fence is and how it curves around by the foul poles, is perhaps the toughest stadium to judge a fair/foul ball by the poles.

- The first HR by Prince was the hardest hit ball I have ever seen. I've never seen a ball leave a bat so hard and fast in my life. It almost left the stadium - it landed about six or seven rows from the top and almost landed on the overhangs for the bleachers where the retired numbers hang from. His two homers were what, a combined 900 feet? I can't wait to see him in the Home Run derby in the All-Star game.

- You would not believe how many people who pay $20 or more for a seat would rather watch and/or hit a beach ball around than watch the game.

- You would not believe how long it takes to get through the I-10/110/101 interchange through downtown LA. If you are in the area and going to a game, save yourself about a half hour by taking Olympic to Figueroa (or just Figueroa if coming from the south) to Sunset and follow the signs. I moved about two blocks in 20 minutes until I said forget this and figured that Figueroa would get me there. That's why LA fans don't show up until the 3rd inning... you go five miles an hour on the freeway getting there.

- TGJ showed some gap power - he smoked that one on a line. Other than Prince's two bombs, it could have been the third hardest hit ball all night. Couldn't believe that he didn't get a triple off of that though.

- As maligned as Bill Hall has been this year for getting off to a slow start, he has a higher OPS than all but two of the Dodgers starters (Kent and Martin). I have no idea how the Dodgers have won as many games as they have with that offense. Actually... I do know. Beimel, Broxton, Saito is as good as it gets for the 7th/8th/9th. If given the choice of those three or Wise-Shouse/T-bow/Cordero... I think I'd go Dodgers.

Archived