Brewer Fanatic

5/21/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Dodgers (Tomko): 9:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is fun. Only a Turnbow sighting could bring me down tonight.

Man it sucks that your a brewers fan because you are going to see him in a bunch of 9th innings this season. But I guess I don't understand why you feel like this. The guy is awesome and very nasty. Do you only have a short term memory? Maybe Philly has poisoned you? If you find that perfect reliever, please become a scout for the brewers!

Turnbow? I'm a little surprised, but I guess Ned wants to make sure he's back, and nail down this victory. If the 4 run lead is preserved, I doubt we'll see Cordero for the 9th, though.

It troubles me a little bit that we feel we can't trust Spurling OR Dessens with a 4 run lead. Seriously, does it do much good to have 2 relievers on your roster that are reserved solely for blowout situations?

Dangit Ueker, your killing me here.

"Get up, get up, get outta here, FOUL, for JJ"

I know this was from a while ago, but in Uecker's defense, Vin Scully's exact call was, "drive to left . . . . and . . . . gone! . . . . foul!"

It was a tough call from the press box, I imagine.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote:
Man it sucks that your a brewers fan because you are going to see him in a bunch of 9th innings this season. But I guess I don't understand why you feel like this. The guy is awesome and very nasty. Do you only have a short term memory?

No, I remember June, July, August, and September of 2006 quite vividly.

Dessens will be gone soon enough...and Spurling will fill his role...GM DM has to justify the trade of BClark and see what AAA reliever cream rises to the top by the All Star break before letting Elmer go...

if Yo comes up then who goes to the pen? Bush? Yo?

Rousie that's been beat to death on the MLB forum.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Nice effort by Gwynn. If that scoreboard and the padding at the top of the wall were flush, I think he would have caught it. He had his right hand on the wall, and when he jumped and reached to put his glove over the wall, the padding was in the way.

So is the down-talking and thought policing sometimes

Fair enough. But your just digging up problems that are not there. What is there to complain about? First place, winning in LA, and yet were finding things that could be wrong? Good thinking.

(fixed broken tag -TC)

Really not caring for Gwynn constantly trying to bunt himself on with the 1st pitch. They're almost expecting it now. Seems like it's just not working the vast majority of the time.

Quote:
A couple of rockets again off Turnbow tonight.

These reactions are getting very old. The guy has a 4-run lead and is challenging hitters with strikes, gives up a solo shot and it is an immediate cause for concern.

Relievers can't throw up zeros every time out. I simply am not concerned with Turnbow and a rough outing here and there. The guy has been great out of the pen this year other than one outing in Philly.

Quote:
But your just digging up problems that are not there

brewers77 - you're right, I am. Sorry. Seriously, I am. Sorry to everyone. Turnbow just makes me nervous every time I see him, that's all.

I just flat-out don't like watching him for some reason. I'll try to keep it to myself in the future, just chew my fingernails down to the bone in stony silence without bringing everyone else down with me.

Holy wow he crushed that one too. When Pierre quit running you know it was gone.

Quote:
is that ok, dad?

Awful thin skinned aren't we considering there is a 4 page thread on the Major League forum that's been up at the top of the list for the last 4 days or so. Also, I wasn't coming down on you, I was pointing out that you were likely to get no responses considering that the topic was pretty much talked out previously.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived