Brewer Fanatic

5/21/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Dodgers (Tomko): 9:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

I love this lineup as well, Ned must have been reading the posts about dropping Billy to 7th just for something different to try to get him going a bit more.

I would have put TGJ one and Rickie two, but that's why I'm not the manager.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gap power is good enough for me when the guy can fly, lol. It is nice we're still doing well even though J.J. has an 0-fer tonight.

Quote:
10. Ballgirl doing the splits (future YouTube clip)

How was this not #1? hahaha

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

So tomorrow should we bat Hart second to keep JJ 3rd? That could be what gets him going.

Also, Houston down 3-0, meaning that they'll likely be 6.5 back after tonight, with the Cubs in second place at 6 games back.

It's a good thing that Yost didn't pinch hit for Suppan last inning with the bases loaded.

It's understandable, but unlike earlier in the season, a lot of the 50/50 decisions lately aren't working out in his favor.

Quote:
It's a good thing that Yost didn't pinch hit for Suppan last inning with the bases loaded.

It's understandable, but unlike earlier in the season, a lot of the 50/50 decisions lately aren't working out in his favor.

Umm. Keeping your starter in after only 5 innings and 1 hit with a 4-0 lead and a low PC isn't a 50/50 decision, it's a no-brainer. Yes, even with the bases loaded.

First, I'm gonna join in with the others on the board here tonight who have praised Vin Scully. He's amazing. Just a wealth of knowledge. This guy must read every article written on every player on the opposing team's roster prior to each game.

He must spend hours of Lexis Nexis or Factiva? Impressive!

I'm gonna give a couple shout outs. Just some good baseball being played by the Crew tonight. Top moments that stick out:

Counsell getting on to lead-off the 3rd was big. Pokes a 1-2 pitch up the middle. Soup SAC bunts and then Weeks drives him in. Exactly what you need from a #8 hitter leading off an inning. Just get on.

In the 6th, 1 on with 1 out. 0-2 count on Jenkins and he ends up working a walk. If he strikes out there it changes the whole complexion of the inning. And thank the lord for that because it would likely be a 3-3 or 4-3 game now instead of 8-3?

Soup seems a little off after that long Top of the 6th. Hopefully, he settles..finds his groove again and gives Ned at least 7. He's at 86 pitches after 6.

Archived