Brewer Fanatic

4/11/08 Brewers (Parra) at Mets (Figueroa): 6:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Can anyone tell me why Parra is out after throwing only 70 some pitches? Sorry I just got the game on and can't figure out why I am seeing Riske and not Parra.

We had a runner on 2nd with Parra up so Ned pinch hit for him. Dillon walked but the strike zone that expands 5 inches out of the zone against Brewers hitters only means that he actually struck out.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can anyone tell me why Parra is out after throwing only 70 some pitches? Sorry I just got the game on and can't figure out why I am seeing Riske and not Parra.
We had a runner on 2nd with Parra up so Ned pinch hit for him. Dillon walked but the strike zone that expands 5 inches out of the zone against Brewers hitters only means that he actually struck out.

Seems like an interesting move. I guess I can't agree or disagree with the move seeing as I haven't seen the whole game but that doesn't seem to bode well for setting up our pen for the rest of this series.

They've replayed a couple called third strikes and questioned them, notably Brauns. They also replayed Figueroa getting into first base late and said that it was the wrong call.

EDIT: I think the way Kiwi Brewer described it is adequate.

Jose Reyes out of the game with a tight hamstring...hopefully the Brewers can take advantage with both Castillo and Reyes out now.

Phillies take a 4-3 lead over the Cubs on an RBI double by Pat Burrell. A total of 4 HR's in that game already and it's only the 6th inning.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived