Brewer Fanatic

4/11/08 Brewers (Parra) at Mets (Figueroa): 6:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Ok I'm going to try again after failing miserably earlier this week...

Is there anyone who knows a bar in Madison that will be showing the game tonight? I'm hoping to not bounce around between sports bars again and have everyone look at me like I'm crazy for wanting to see the local baseball team play a game.

I would assume that you are in the same situation that I am here in Eau Claire. On tues I went to a local sports bar that gets every TV sports package available and found out there is no possible way to get the Brewer game outside of the Milwaukee market in WI when the Bucks are playing. The sports bar couldn't even get the game through the Cincinnati feed. The owner even called DirecTV and they said that we are SOL

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
crewcrazy wrote:
sheethead wrote:
Nelson Figueroa? If the Brewers don't win this one, or worse yet end up looking as bad as they have for the last two games, I may need to take some time off until my next ticket rolls around on 5/10. Nelson Figueroa?

I'm going to avoid making fun of the Mets' starting pitching woes for now. They beat the Brewers with Brian Lawrence last year in the infamous dugout argument game...their fifth starters always seem to give the Brewers trouble.

I wasn't trying to make fun of the Met's SPing. What I meant, more or less, was this is a game the Brewers have to get if they are going to be serious about winning anything this year. Losing to Lawrence last year was horrible, and my expectations are higher this year. If the bats show up like they did the last two games, and end up getting embarrassed by Nelson Figueroa, I may need to re-evaluate my expectations for this season.

I doubt the games played tonight, forcast looks shabby..... Why doesnt every team have a retractable roof yet??? ugh

Would this mean a doubleheader this weekend? Or a make-up game when both teams have a day off later in the season (or one of those "if necessary" make-ups)? The thought of spending all day tomorrow or Sunday watching the Brewers makes me giddy.

I am not Shea Vucinich

This is the Brewers only trip to New York this season. If they can't get the game in tonight they could reschedule for Monday since both team are off that day. Either that or a doubleheader tomorrow or Sunday.

Is there anyone who knows a bar in Madison that will be showing the game tonight? I'm hoping to not bounce around between sports bars again and have everyone look at me like I'm crazy for wanting to see the local baseball team play a game.

Did you try brats last time? I called them last time and they said that they would get it but it was pouring that night so I just listened to it instead of venturing over there.

Did you try brats last time? I called them last time and they said that they would get it but it was pouring that night so I just listened to it instead of venturing over there.

Yeah I did. I called them too and they said the same thing. When I got there they had no idea what they were doing and couldn't figure out why they couldn't get the game. I doubt they had any idea the game was not on FSN when I called ahead.
I am not Shea Vucinich

O- and I was just taking a stroll over to their board to see if the game would get in (not much traffic on either of them so I don't know) but I found this picture pretty funny. Maybe woogie can use it for his Santana picture tomorrow.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/876/35863206qh5.jpg

Yeah I did. I called them too and they said the same thing. When I got there they had no idea what they were doing and couldn't figure out why they couldn't get the game. I doubt they had any idea the game was not on FSN when I called ahead.

Hmm- I called them at like noon and the guy asked me if it was on FSN. I told him no and he said to let him check if they would still get it. He came back like a minute later and said that they would. I wonder if the people there just didnt know what was going on because the guy on the phone seemed to understand

Hmm- I called them at like noon and the guy asked me if it was on FSN. I told him no and he said to let him check if they would still get it. He came back like a minute later and said that they would. I wonder if the people there just didnt know what was going on because the guy on the phone seemed to understand

Like I said before, I went through the same thing with my local sports bar and the owner guaranteed he would get it and then I got there and he even showed me every chanel the Brewer game could have been on (including the Cinci FSN feed) and he didn't get it - they were all blocked out. Unless you get WMLW, I am quite sure you are screwed

New York - The Brewers have no changes to their lineup for the game tonight against the Mets -- weather permitting that is.

Here's the lineup:

2B Rickie Weeks
CF Gabe Gross
1B Prince Fielder
LF Ryan Braun
3B Bill Hall
RF Corey Hart
SS J.J. Hardy
LHP Manny Parra
C Jason Kendall

In our afternoon session with manager Ned Yost, he said the Brewers have to start showing patience at the plate. The Brewers are last in the league in walks with only 17 through nine games.

Braun, for instance has no walks in 40 at-bats. When Yost announced in spring training that Braun would bat behind Fielder, he said Braun must be patient when pitchers work around him. That isn't happening yet but Yost said it's too early to flip-flop Fielder and Braun into the spots in which they batted last season.

So, that's the early news. The forecast isn't great so we'll see what happens. The Mets are taking BP now, so that's an encouraging sign.

I wonder what ESPN's going to do when their precious Red Sox/Yankees game gets rained out tonight.

Edit: Here's the Mets' lineup from Newsday's Mets blog..

In his meeting with reporters a few minutes ago, Willie Randolph said Mets second baseman Luis Castillo would sit again tonight with a sore knee. He said it would be up to Castillo as to when he would be ready to return. Also, Raul Casanova makes his season debut at catcher; his season debut, period. The lineup:

Reyes SS

Pagan LF

Wright 3B

Beltran CF

Delgado 1B

Easley 2B

Church RF

Casanova C

Figueroa P

It is cold and damp with a light mist falling at the moment but they are expected to play.

Here's the link to the blog if anyone's interested: http://blogs.trb.com/sports/baseball/mets/blog/

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Greetings from NYC!! No way this game gets completed tonight. I'm not even sure it gets started. It's getting black in a hurry. Thank god I choose the sunday afternoon game. Maybe I'll get lucky and the double-dip will be sunday, but not likely I guess.

Gotcha Gorman, I was wondering since I manage another bar in town. If you ever get over to the other side of town to Tailgates, look me up. I am the only dude behind the bar, and just mention brewerfan, and I will gladly buy you a drink. By the way, we also have the baseball package.

Gotcha Gorman, I was wondering since I manage another bar in town. If you ever get over to the other side of town to Tailgates, look me up. I am the only dude behind the bar, and just mention brewerfan, and I will gladly buy you a drink. By the way, we also have the baseball package.

Nice - good to know. And thanks. My buddy and I actually ran a softball team on tues nights in Altoona and you guys kindly sponsored us last year. Early on we came over there quite a bit on tues nights after our games to watch the Crew and have a few, but we kind of tailed off after that. Not sure why - I guess because most of us live on the south side. Its nice to know there is another bar or two in town that get the extra innings package because as I am sure you know there aren't too many options for sports bars in this town. I will definitely say hello next time I stop in there

Archived