Brewer Fanatic

Did Cincinnati "serve notice" this series?

SeriesFinale
The whole Patterson issue is a non-issue. Everyone, even Dusty Baker, knows that it's Jay Bruce's. They'll pull a Ryan Braun so they can keep him an extra year, but essentially he's just holding down the fort like Kapler and Gwynn. That he's the holding down the fort as well as he is is the surprise. But lets not kid ourselves and be insulting, for these 10 games or so he's got 4 homers. That has made him productive and important even though we know it won't hold.

I would be concerned if they took two of three and beat Gallardo and Sheets. Our 1 is better, our 2 is better, and top to bottom our lineup is better. I'm not saying they aren't good, because it's too early to tell WHAT they are. However, I like the Brewers in the long run.

Reds are a decent team but will probably never truly be in the running for the division. By the time their young guys improve, their old guys (Dunn & Griffey) will not be a part of the team anymore.

"Never," huh?

Anyway, yeah, I was going to bump this thread and change the title.

I don't think either team made a statement in either series. The Reds are a legit .500 team, I think things will have to break their way to make the playoffs though. They are going to cause us problems all year because we stink against righties and that is all they have.

I don't think we're going to continue to stink against right handers at all. I think we'll always hit the left handers better, but I think we're going to be just fine vs right handers as the season progresses. We've just got too good of a lineup.

Archived