Brewer Fanatic

Designated Lineup Thread / Latest... Haudricourt: Kendall Batting Ninth is Working (reply #113)

DrWood

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He clearly won't maintain his .500+ BA for the rest of the year, but I think their is a legitimate argument for moving him up to #2 for at least the time being to "ride the hot hand". The guy has been a monster so far and it doesn't appear as if he will slow down anytime soon.

Braun is showing no patience whatsoever, and all these steals he's supposed to be getting aren't showing up. Plus, it wasn't broke last year, and now it appears a few cracks are already starting to show.

(changed title to anoint this thread as the new designated lineup thread --1992)

It baffled me why Yost switched them from the beginning (his excuse was he wanted Braun to run) but then he decides that one of our best baserunners in Cameron is going to bat in front of Fielder when he comes back? That's just baffling to me. Braun isn't going to get any chance to run if he doesn't learn how to draw a freakin' walk.

Tomorrow is a must win.
Why post this when a legitimate topic is being discussed that has nothing to do with the game tomorrow?

I actually enjoyed that post. He's saying that it is way too early to be making any complaints about the order. We need to let this play out for a few weeks before we get all up in arms about a few games of low production. You can't expect to score 6 runs a game.

Fielder isn't hitting because he isn't hitting. Has nothing to do with Braun being behind him. Braun is on pace for 54 HR and 126 RBI so hard to say it isn't working for him. Yeah a few BB would be nice but again I don't think he isn't getting them because Hall is behind him, he is just swinging at a lot of junk instead of staying patient.

It is almost like we are only 9 games into the season and many players haven't hit their stride yet!

while we're at it, it's time for:

Kendall

Weeks

2-holer du jour

Braun

Fielder

the goal of the experiment was to "get more runners on" for the boppers. success.

now the new goal should be "maximizing plate appearances from the guy ravaging league pitching"

how many more at-bats does a lead-off man get over the course of a season than the 9-hole?

Fielder has gotten pitches to hit. His place in the order isn't his problem...its his swing.

Ding Ding Ding!

And since I'm posting, Ned doesn't throw down the iron fist to make the lineup. There are many sources of input into that one.

He clearly won't maintain his .500+ BA for the rest of the year

Clearly? I vote we bat Prince 9th since he hasn't hit a HR yet, and Kendall 4th, 2nd, and 7th. Once Cameron comes back, bat Kendall 5th, too.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I also think Braun should bat 3rd. He is more of a 3 hitter, while I consider Prince more of a cleanup guy.

Why do you think Braun is more of a 3 hitter, and why is Braun more of a cleanup guy?

Archived