Brewer Fanatic

5/23/07 Brewers (Capuano) @ Dodgers (Penny): 9:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This offense is stagnant.

What did you expect against Penny? If you think we're going to tear the cover off the ball against an all-star starter....all I can say is some people's expectations are a little too unrealistic.

Weeks

Hardy

Fielder

Hall

Jenkins

Estrada

Braun

Hart

Pitcher

I hope we see that lineup for a large part of the rest of the year starting soon.

I'm off to bed, this game is frustrating and certain posters are posting such ignorant nonsense that I might get banned if I keep on posting.

Nothing quite like having a Left-Fielder in Center, with the organization's best Center-Fielder watching from Right Field as the Center Fielder blunders

Yeah. That's another thing that completely annoys me about this lineup. One of Gwynn's biggest selling points is his defense, and that is negated by putting him in RF.

Cappy has bounced back decently after that horrible first. Dude looks ticked. If Graffy doesn't treat that grounder by Pierre as if it was hit by Matt LeCroy...we might only be down a run or 2.

Its like these guys are suffering from never ending jet lag effects or something.

We gotta do something about Graffy at 3B. If Melvin and Gordon are still tepid about Braun's glove or wrist than give me Vinnie. I'd rather have a Rottino/Counsell split...plus Vinnie gives us a RH pinch hitter and can catch in a pinch if needed

This outfield is a bit of a mess. There has to be a way we can trade Gross and Capellan to the Nationals for Chad Cordero, and then place Graffy on waivers and bring up Braun. That would be nice.

I wouldn't put Braun in the #8 spot in the order. Wouldn't he just be semi- pitched around to face the pitcher? Which would maybe cause him to press and swing and miss at bad pitches.

Lousy game so far. But there's still time, I guess.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

What did you expect against Penny? If you think we're going to tear the cover off the ball against an all-star starter....all I can say is some people's expectations are a little too unrealistic.

I'm in agreement. I fully expected a blowout loss tonight. JJ is out, a struggling Capuano on the mound, facing an all-star starter, and an unintimidating lineup on the road were not exactly the ingredients for a W tonight.

Quote:

Penny's ERA is 2.54 ... I would expect a first place team to do at least "better than average" and tag him for 3 or 4 runs. We're not the 2004 Milwaukee Brewers

It's a pretty well accepted notion in major league baseball that RF is much easier to play than CF.

I disagree, CF gives an extremely "true" read on a baseball, where as RF tends to have balls with a higher frequency of "tail.

RF has far different throwing distances/lines than CF

I wouldn't put Braun in the #8 spot in the order. Wouldn't he just be semi- pitched around to face the pitcher? Which would maybe cause him to press and swing and miss at bad pitches.

I'd love to see Braun in the 7-hole when he gets called up.

By the way, I'd like to throw another BOOOOO!! out Tony G's way.

Geez...just when you thought Graffy couldn't look any worse. He's swinging in the dirt to K. He's killing us right now.

He can take his counterpart Counsell with him too...unbelievably bad. Now these are 2 signings I will fault Melvin for.

Quote:
Because if Bill Hall can't track a ball in CF, how the heck is he going to do it in right?

Isnt that like saying if Prince Fielder cant field balls at Shortstop, how is he going to field them at first base?

Archived