Brewer Fanatic

5/23/07 Brewers (Capuano) @ Dodgers (Penny): 9:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why didn't Yost bunt Hart over last night with nobody out and Graffy and his .198 average at the plate? I know Sheets was up next and Yost now let's Sheets deceides when to pull him from a game ever since that Pirates's game and Benny got mad at Ned for pulling him but worse case sceniro Weeks is up with 2 outs and a runner in scoring position. I also think you have to bunt and then pinch hit for Sheets anyway.

I also think you have to bunt and then pinch hit for Sheets anyway.

I generally dislike bunting but that was a perfect time to do it. Down by one, late in the game with a crappy hitter at the plate. Text book bunt situation. I'm guessing Yost didn't want to take Sheets out.

Well that's weird, I come in from mowing the lawn and now Dish is updated with the game on 448, sweeeet!

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Did it occur to anyone that maybe JJ is sick or nicked up?? Or are we just going to bite Yost's head off without getting an exclamation.

He was sick enought 2 days ago that Bill Hall took infield at SS.

Maybe whatever ailed him then (He is 0 for 10 since) isn't totally gone?

Did it occur to anyone that maybe JJ is sick or nicked up?? Or are we just going to bite Yost's head off without getting an exclamation.

He wasn't that sick to get up early and take part in some "acting"

While it's easy to complain about Hardy not being in the lineup, it's seemed to me like he's needed a day or two off for awhile. He was 1-4 last night and something like 0-5 the night before...a couple days off couldn't hurt. Like everyone else, I'm just hoping it doesn't hamper the offense too much.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Hardy has been having back spasms so I assume they are just trying to give him back to back days off to rest it. I think its a good move though I wouldn't go with Gwynn in the OF either, thats a pretty punchless lineup.

Thanks Ned......I can just hear him telling his staff that Counsel and Graffy need to keep playing because they are due to turn things around because they have proven it before. If I was Cory Hart I would be so frustrated.....and I'm sure J.J. really needs a day off because he only has 1 hit in this series. Once again, thanks Ned

Quote:

It's not sitting Hardy that bothers me as much as not starting Gross when sitting Hardy. It's a lineup devoid of power.

Exactly. This lineup could be basically an AL lineup with a pitcher in it, especially when Braun comes up. Now we get to be treated to the Ned Yost offensive gimmickry show. How many double steal attempts tonight? It's been a couple weeks.

Quote:
I also think you have to bunt and then pinch hit for Sheets anyway.

In most cases I might roll with it, but Broxton and Saito are dominant. You have to try for the run there. And if a tie game keeps Saito on the bench, all the better.

Quote:
Why didn't Yost bunt Hart over last night with nobody out and Graffy and his .198 average at the plate?

It was the top of the 7th, Sheets was cruising and wasn't near his pitch count after 6 IP. You don't give up an out and take out your SP just to try to score a run there. I think bunting is terrible in that situation. You either pinch hit for graffy or let him bat and if he gets on you have a runner in scoring position with 0 outs and you can justify pinch hitting for Sheets.

Yes their bullpen is good but you can't let that force your best starter out after just 6 innings, after 7 innings sure but it was just too early to do it.

I dont get it - if this is going to be your lineup then you NEED to move Weeks to the middle of the order and let Gwynn be a prototype leadoff hitter. Even if we win it seems really dumb in a game this big.

Archived