Brewer Fanatic

4/10/08 Reds (Harang) at Brewers (Villanueva): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm honestly going to have a breakdown watching this team swing at all the crap they swing at.

This is a quote that implies little expereience with playing the game. Please realize our two best hitters looked that silly. We are facing a top notch starter throwing cutter and a slider over 90. It's simply not that easy. If it were, I think they would choose not to swing at those pitches. But no matter what level you played, this is much, much tougher and complaining about this is not the way to go. I am not trying to fight here but this is just the easiest way to complain just to complain.

None of this post makes sense. Just because a fan doesn't play ML baseball doesn't mean they can't comment on it. These players are professionals, as professionals they are expected to have some plate discipline.

If you're going to criticize every post like this, you're going to be busy on this site.

Saying that a guy shouldn't swing at a pitch isn't saying much of anything. Our two best hitters swung at bad pitches. Some times the pitcher makes good pitches and is simply good. I guess when Sheets is amazing, the other team just shouldn't swing at the bad pitches. But they swing because it you have no time to react and it looks good at some point. Commenting on things like that is going to make you very busy seeing it happens many times every game. Saying they are expected to have plate discipline is one thing and having it is another. The best hitters in the game swing at bad pitches every game. Some just do it less than others.

Saying that a guy shouldn't swing at a pitch isn't saying much of anything. Our two best hitters swung at bad pitches. Some times the pitcher makes good pitches and is simply good. I guess when Sheets is amazing, the other team just shouldn't swing at the bad pitches. But they swing because it you have no time to react and it looks good at some point. Commenting on things like that is going to make you very busy seeing it happens many times every game. Saying they are expected to have plate discipline is one thing and having it is another. The best hitters in the game swing at bad pitches every game. Some just do it less than others.

So I can't criticize them for swinging at bad pitches even though they have all year because some pitchers are good and other players swing at bad pitches? I don't think so. If the team is playing like crap they're getting criticized, if the team continually swings at bad pitches, like they are right now they're getting criticized. I could really care less if you like it or not.

You can do whatever you want but that must make watching the game awful. Don't walk guys, don't make errors, dont swing at that pitch, why did he throw the ball away, etc... You can say all of them but it doesn't mean anything because I think they are trying but sometimes it just doesnt work out.

You can do whatever you want but that must watching the game awful. Don't walk guys, don't make errors, dont swing at that pitch, why did he throw the ball away, etc... You can say all of them but it doesn't mean anything because I think they are trying but sometimes it just doesnt work out.

Whats going on.

why doesn't Yost or Simba or whoever tell our guys to lay off a pitch or 2 each at bat??? this is seriously ridiculous. starting pitchers seem to be routinely getting into the 5th inning against us without throwing very many pitches.

edit: Harang threw 5 pitches that inning. FIVE!!!!!!!

"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Archived