Brewer Fanatic

4/10/08 Reds (Harang) at Brewers (Villanueva): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
well that was an uninspiring 9th

I'll take 6-3 to start the season though...I am starting to get concerned about Prince - 0-fer this series, and it wasn't like he was crushing the ball against the Cubs or Giants...or all spring training. If he keeps this up for another week or two beef prices are going to skyrocket!

I will be happy when I see Yo and Cameron playing in Milwaukee

I agree with all that. 6-3 is still good, and I do hope Prince figures out whatever his deal is. Yo and Cameron will help a team that is playing okay anyway.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a weird game at the plate. We actually hit quite a few balls hard. Definitely more than the game we won in the series. If luck was on our side we could of probably put up 4 or 5 today. For the most part, we just ran bad imo.

Harang only threw 99 pitches and Cordero 8. That is really dissapointing. Really should have tried to take some pitches in the middle innings to get his pitch count up.

This Reds team is tough. The top two of their order played way over their heads but from the 3 thru 7 spots they are dangerous. With the way our top 4 hitters performed this series we were definitely lucky to win one game.

2 Milwaukee 8 279 47 79 19 0 10 128 43 .283 .333 .459 .792

I was mainly talking about our plate discipline but I actually looked at the numbers and our stats against right handed starting pitchers so far this year is nothing short of alarming.

38 IP, 2.13 ERA, .84 WHIP, 6 walks, 28 strikeouts.

This may have already been covered, but does anyone know if the TV situation for non-Milwaukeeans like myself will be the same tomorrow night as it was tues night - screwed?

Yes screwed you will be. Game is on WMLW and the Bucks are on FSN.

Sweet. Thanks for the info. Sure is great being a Brewer fan here in eastern Minnesota aka Eau Claire, WI. Won't even get the Bucks game - not that I would watch it. Might get me some Kent Hrbek Outdoors though if I'm lucky!!

I can't say I'm surprised by the outcome of this series, I just didn't like the pitching matchups for the Crew, from the minute I saw them. Going in, I was hoping they wouldn't get swept, and it wouldn't have taken much.

Villanueva is a fine pitcher, but you have to bet on Harang, I thought the Reds would get to Suppan, which didn't happen - before the series started, I was hoping the Brewers would get the middle game.

I'll feel better about it when the Reds face Sheets and Gallardo, while the Brewers miss Harang and Cueto - it's a long season.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
But, but but, I thought the Brewers were going to go 161- 1???? I - I- I - thought they were never going to lose a series???? You promised, dad! You promised!
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived