Brewer Fanatic

5/22/07 Brewers (Sheets) @ Dodgers (Wolf): 9:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We played hard and you lose some of those.

The big play was the early double play that Hall hit into with runners on the corners. I definitely think that made a big difference.

Hopefully Sheets will be OK. It didn't look like he had anything on his hand.

Losing close games seem harder to handle, especially when defensive incompetence leads to the loss. It's one thing to be totally outdueled by a pitcher or the offense executes better; it's much worse when you weren't "outplayed," but gave the winning run away.

I'd rather be blown out and chalk it up to simply not having it that game than knowing a win was likely given away.

Just my $0.02.

My guess is that with a righty back in there on Wednesday. Hall will likely be back at #7 and TGJ will bat 2nd and play RF? Basically the same line-up as Monday.

Or I guess Yost could throw Gross in RF. But even if he does that I bet he still bats Gross 2nd

Braun Time?

"Besides Gallardo?s quality start, the Brewers? brass got to see top offensive prospect Ryan Braun put on a show as well. Braun, who was in the leadoff spot for the first time in his career, homered, doubled and drove in two runs for the Sounds. It was his first home run since May 2, after he missed 12 games earlier this month because of a wrist injury. Braun leads the team with nine home runs."

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section_id=7&screen=news&news_id=56315

Say Sheets throws a perfect game from here on out.

Stevo -- To answer your question -- there can be an error in a Perfect game. I believe in Larsen's WS perfect game, Berra misplayed a foul ball. The bottom line is no one can reach 1b.

Another tough loss for Sheets. He just can't seem to catch a break.

Mench is not hitting anyone right now, lefty or otherwise. Mench has a .286 OPS in May (only one 2b). The idea that Yost is running him into the ground playing him against RHP is not entirely true. I dont think he would OPS .500 off of a tee at this point.Claudio Vargas is a better option at the plate than Mench.

I really like how Spurling has improved so far this year, I suspect that he will get clubbed one of these nights, but outside of one HR, he has really pitched well in May. I can't say I think Capellan would have done any better than Spurling has this year.

I think going into this year, many of us thought our offensive would be a weak point, and I suppose this is evidence of that argument. I don't think Sheets got outpitched, but our bats didn't answer the call.

Well I guess I cursed Hall with my pink bat walk off homer avatar. Might have to change that again. I wish Hall could stay mor consistant, 2-4 one night 0-fer the next.

1. Mench should be benched. He cant even seem to hit lefties. Id take our chances with Jenks, Gross or Gwynn in LF against lefties Hall in CF and Hart in RF.

2. Against righties lets go with the same lineup we had Monday but you can have either Gwynn or Gross in RF batting 2.

3. Please Doug, anyday now come June 1st if you give Ryan Braun a first class ticket from Nashville to Milwaukee I dont think anyone will second guess you.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

You know I would hate to be in Corey's postion. I can accept the platoon thing, however, platooning only gets Corey in about 2 games for every 8 to 10 we play.

Early in the season when he was getting playing time, he appeared to be getting his timing down. Then the wrist injury.

Now in limited playing time he can't afford an 0'fer game even if he hits it hard. That can only add extra pressure. So now he sits for the San Diego series and maybe one start against the Braves. Another seven games and one start. Which again means added pressure to produce.

I know these guys are making good money and should be able to deal with this pressure, but 3 starts in a 18 game stretch is still pretty tough. You can't get timing or rythem off BP, you need live pitching to get in that groove that he is known for.

Tough loss. If Bush doesn't give up the Grand Salami we could have won. On my way to San Diego, only 5 more hours (drivin from Arizona) Hopefully we can take the game tomorrow. Great to finally see some production from our 3rd baseman.

Archived