Brewer Fanatic

5/22/07 Brewers (Sheets) @ Dodgers (Wolf): 9:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aces don't get blisters, this is why Sheets isn't an ace.

Who do we see here, CV the younger? Spurling? Please no Homer Me Elmer.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

We've got the guys we want up in the 8th. Lets get a run, or two, or six, whatever. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

a blister is usually a 3-10 day treatment. However, if a pitcher puts more pressure on the seams for some reason, it can be a 15 day deal. I don't think they would DL Ben. If they called up Yo, it would be for 1 start, and likely would include demoting someone else (that way Ben is elligible after missing 1 start, not 2-3)

So at most he misses his next start? That wouldn't be the end of the world, but hopefully its fine by then and he can go. Id love to see Sheets make every start he is supposed to for a entire season.

This would only add a whole lot of fuel to the fire for the haters.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

depending on the severity of the blister (assuming that's what it is) it could be only 1 start. But he's got to let the thing heal completely. If he tries to pitch too soon, the new skin is just going to get irritated and re-blister and start the cycle all over again. A good week without touching the baseball would do the trick and we, technically, have the "luxury" of doing so, what with Carlos V or even Gallardo or Dessens,

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote:
a blister is usually a 3-10 day treatment. However, if a pitcher puts more pressure on the seams for some reason, it can be a 15 day deal. I don't think they would DL Ben. If they called up Yo, it would be for 1 start, and likely would include demoting someone else (that way Ben is elligible after missing 1 start, not 2-3)

Let's demote Graffanino to West Virginia.

Archived