Brewer Fanatic

Any Golden Tee players out there?

Menotti80

I used to be a Golden tee addict. I don't get out to the bars much anymore, but when I do, I look for Tee machines. I'd really like to own one someday along with one of those foosball-like hockey games.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Used Live machines will run you anywhere from $3,500 to $5,500 from what I have seen. ITS technologies makes the GT machines as well as Silverstrike Bowling and the BAGS game. I would assume the prices are very similar.

I'm always looking for more GT fanatics to play a few games with...

Provisional Member

Hey there,

I'm the guy Brian was talking about. Getting machines can be tough. You'll find that you can't really just walk in and buy the same machine you see at the bars at a store. You also need to be careful about buying used GT Live machines. Even if they're updated to the latest version today, you may run into problems. The license agreement changed a few years back to disallow competitive/tourney play in non-commercial locations. Even if you were able to get things setup, IT would notice during their audits and disable that box for life. :-(

Still, there is some hope. IT came out with GT Live Unplugged late last year. That would be the thing to get for home use if you want the current platform. Most likely, you're looking at $5k minimum to get that machine. Vendors don't buy it since it doesn't make sense to place in a bar, so it would be a pretty rare thing to find.

For those looking to play some games of GT, I would highly recommend Bubs Irish Pub in Germantown. We have 3 GT machines there. Since we're fairly top-level players, we are extremely sensitive to keep the machines in perfect working order, and we have the price set to $4.00 for 18 hole tourney play. We run leagues up there, and are about to start a weekly, handicapped Thursday night tourney. If you're looking for competition, or a place to learn, I can't speak highly enough about Bubs.

Also, for serious addicts of GT, you definitely need to add this site to your reading list to keep up on tournies, info, and generally:

http://underdogsports34482.yuku.com/forums/63/t/.html

Let me know if you need anything else, and I'll do my best to help. Worst case, I hope we get a chance to meet up and spin a couple some time. I'll be up at Bubs Sunday roughly from 3-7 if you want. Otherwise, if you stop in, you'll likely run into a group of regulars who are very nice.

Dan Miser

Live Technologies

Great topic. Bub's does rock for gaming as well as the sights within the bar. BAGS is a lot of fun too now, and really catching on. It does not have any licensure issues for home operation either. I'll see you at Bub's tomorrow Mize. I'm looking forward to taking your GT Live donation! Craw

There's an ad in the Wisconsin State Journal classifieds today where someone is selling a GT machine for $800 or $900. I think it was an older one though.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Archived