Brewer Fanatic

5/25/07 Brewers (Bush) @ Padres (Maddux): 9:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Quote:
What sucks is that the batter before stuck out according to gameday advanced, but it was called a check swing ball. Sometimes the subjectiveness of ball/strike calls can get really annoying.

It was a 100% no doubt strike, bat went at least half a foot past the plate.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the Cubs and Houston are once again doing their best to show why we us Brewer fans were optimistic about our team's chances this year. Both are losing.... again.

7-2 now. Never give up! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

That's in over 60 innings so it's not such a small sample anymore.

60 IP isn't a small sample? That's the definition of small sample for ERA.

I won't pretend that Bush has had a good year so far but we aren't talking about the first 60 IP of his career. I'm confident that Bush is a decent bottom of the order kind of pitcher because of his entire career and it's going to take more than 60 IP of disappointing results to change my mind.

Well, that ended quickly.

I imagine Gwynn will lead off the 7th, but this one was pretty much put out of reach in the 5th. It'd take a miracle to put up 4+ runs against the Padres bullpen.

Quote:
I'm confident that Bush is a decent bottom of the order kind of pitcher because of his entire career and it's going to take more than 60 IP of disappointing results to change my mind.

That may be true, but I think the question is more of whether or not Gallardo is a better bottom of the order kind of pitcher right now. Bush's career numbers don't indicate that his ceiling is that high. He may be a decent bottom of the rotation pitcher in his career, but we may have a better one with a much higher ceiling right now, and we need to win NOW.

Well, it's out of my hands now, fellas.

He can very well work his way out of this often tough-to-shake tag, but as of now, I hereby christen our spirit-crushing 2007 Designated Rotation Stooge as Dave "Bad Luck" Boosh...

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

Archived