Brewer Fanatic

5/25/07 Brewers (Bush) @ Padres (Maddux): 9:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As a younger person, I have no idea why major leaguer hitters don't just do what Gonzalez has done tonight. I mean when I come up to bat in a game and the third basemen is at regular depth behind third base I consider bunting to get on, and that is just in high school baseball, where I suppose it's a little easier. I just feel that major league hitters should consider learning how to hit opposite field if they want to be real successful in the big leagues. Tony Gwynn made a great point.

brewcrewkid14, the problem is Gonzalez isn't a pull hitter, the team has done a bad job scouting by putting on the shift.

Quote:
Man that Dave Bush......he's just a really unlucky guy

Yep he is, he struck out Bard and the ump completely blew the call, that check swing wasn't even close it was a 100% no doubt K. Should have been out #3 before the crushin russian ever got up.

Well, that oughta do it.

Another gem by Bushie tonight, although the BS check swing call by the idiot 3rd base ump who was probably paying attention to the butterfly on his nose costed us 4 runs.

I'm sure Billy will hit a meaningless double and homer to help his OPS for you stat heads too to make the final score 9-3.

What?

I thought he was clutch?

I get confused by the old school heads.

What sucks is that the batter before stuck out according to gameday advanced, but it was called a check swing ball. Sometimes the subjectiveness of ball/strike calls can get really annoying.

I get confused by the old school heads.

That was last year. Duh.

I'm sure Billy will hit a meaningless double and homer to help his OPS for you stat heads

I think most everybody agrees with you that Billy Hall needs to step up and start hitting better. Nobody has been satisfied by his play so far this year. I think you're battling an imaginary foe right now.

Bush owns Maddux tonight

I have defending him but if they are going to hold Graffy and Counsell accountable then they need to do the same with Bush.. if not Gallardo then give Villy a couple of starts...

Bush is at least an upgrade over Dessens...

However... Brewers didn't lose any lead tonight.. so come on Braun.. how about back to back to back with JJ and Prince.

Well, that kind of stinks. I was hoping for some responses to my post, but I doubt a lot of people are going to notice it after that.

Right now, the reason this team has struggled over the last 13 games is their lack of pitching in those losses, not only the hitting. That graphic that they flashed up earlier told a lot (without saying much, if that makes sense) with the way the ERA looks. That has to come down if the Brewers plan on winning.

Archived