Brewer Fanatic

5/25/07 Brewers (Bush) @ Padres (Maddux): 9:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

Thought Billy should have been able to beat that out...

Is anyone getting absolutely sick of the CONSTANT seatbelt commercials on FSN?

We get it. You want us to wear our seatbelts. Pounding it into my head at every single commercial break isn't going to do anything.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The strike 3 pitch to Weeks was right on the corner, a perfect pitch. No question that was a good pitch and Weeks deserved to get rung up on it. Have to protect better than that with 2 strikes.

I agree that Weeks needs to protect the plate and swing at that pitch with 2 strikes. Still, I think it was off the plate. And Braun was quickly dug in a hole by a couple of pitches that looked like they were a good 5-6 inches off the corner.

I disagree with the statement earlier, If you work the count on Maddux he'll throw balls going for the corner and he'll work his way out of the game after 6 since he only has a 90-100 pitch count. When you swing at the early pitches you are playing right into his hands and you let him go deep into the game.

Quote:
I agree that Weeks needs to protect the plate and swing at that pitch with 2 strikes. Still, I think it was off the plate. And Braun was quickly dug in a hole by a couple of pitches that looked like they were a good 5-6 inches off the corner.

I'll go back and take a look on DVR, but I sure haven't noticed anything from Maddux that was 5-6 inches off the plate and called a strike.

I saw Maddux work himself into a larger strike zone. He painted the corner and got a strike call and then threw a little further outside, but in the same area and got another strike call.

edit: For reference I am talking about Braun's AB.

We must have 2 of the worst throwing catchers in the NL. There are plenty of noddle arms in the AL playing for their bats but I think Miller throws even worse than Estrada at this point.

Of course Giles was out there.

yeah, those pitches sure looked like strikes to me.

Teams sure are having a field day with Miller behind the plate.

Not looking all that great thus far.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I'll go back and take a look on DVR, but I sure haven't noticed anything from Maddux that was 5-6 inches off the plate and called a strike.

They sure look that way to me. I might be a little bit biased though... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Bush got lucky with that pitch..

Astros down 4-1, Cubs down 3-0.

I still say Bush has pitched better than Vargas this year, Vargas has had everything bounce his way and nothing has bounced Bush's way and both have pitched like a #4 or #5 overall.

Anyone else think that Bush might be better in a bullpen role? I think he's a little better SP than Vargas, but if Vargas were actually skipped and everyone else (including Gallardo) pitched on regular rest, the bullpen problem would be solved.

Off the top of my head, I seem to remember that Bush's worst inning is the 1st inning. Historically, he usually get stronger as the game wears on. I'm not sure the bullpen would be a good move for a pitcher like that.

That was strike 3 without any doubt on the check swing and he ends up walking him instead, I bet it hurts us.

edit : yep, horrible call by home plate ump costs us 4 runs and the game.

Archived