Brewer Fanatic

5/25/07 Brewers (Bush) @ Padres (Maddux): 9:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

That ball should have been caught, but Bush is straight up getting knocked around.

I'm getting really frustrated with Bush. I haven't given up on him yet, but I'm close. His ceiling isn't really any higher than he showed last year as it is, and I don't think it's at all out of the question that we might see Gallardo and Villanueva replace Bush and Vargas next year. These aren't the 2001 Brewers anymore, starters are expected to get it done regardless of whether they're #1 or #5.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hall is a couple good games away from what I'd expect out of him offensively. The defense has been erratic but everyone expected that.

It really surprises me how much these guys are bringing up Gwynn not being in the lineup, he shouldn't be a starter so who cares if he isn't in the lineup. I hope we haven't come to the point where we expect him there unless they really thought they'd play him just because his dad played here.

Quote:
Bill Hall with no doubt has been the single biggest disappointment for the Brewers this year. It will be June next week and I am sick of hearing how he will get "hot."

Not true at all. Though he's struggled, his average and OBP are almost identical to what he put up last year, and his OPS is still around .800. Problem is, he's not getting as many extra basehits -- only on pace for 20 HR's rather than 35. But he's not the biggest disappointment by any means. One good week and he could be pretty much on pace to match last season.

Quote:
Thank you BobSkube for repeating yourself for the 1,000 time about how much Hall sucks. We've got you down with Hauser and Mikerollins in the "hall sucks camp", dont worry.

Rydogg,

Thanks for noticing. I think "sucks" is a tough word though. I really do like Bill Hall and I hope he does well and had drinks with him at G Jenks BDay (Velvet Room) party a couple years when he first came up and he is a great guy. I just think there is something wrong and his confidence may be a bit shot.

I seriously want to put my hand through a wall out of disgust right now. I am so sick of seeing us being unable to manufacture runs by doing the simple things when we have scoring opportunities.

It takes a flyball to score Gross from 3rd with one out. Or a slow grounder. Try a squeeze for crying out loud, if you can't get the job done any other way. Continuing to strand 2nd with nobody out and 3rd with 1 out is unacceptable.

Classic example of 'luck' in the game of baseball. The majority of the time when Fielder hits a ball that hard its 2 on with 0 outs but since the Brewers are running bad the ball is right at someone.

Brewers have had some bad luck on offense so far...the Padres are using some drastic shifts on Prince, Rickie just missed a 2-run HR, and Braun just missed hits his first couple times up.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Quote:
Boy, the strike zone during Weeks and Braun's at-bats would have even made the late Eric Gregg blush.

The strike 3 pitch to Weeks was right on the corner, a perfect pitch. No question that was a good pitch and Weeks deserved to get rung up on it. Have to protect better than that with 2 strikes.

Is it me, or have we not had the best lineup possible put out there the past few games? Wednesday was absolutely crap and tonight doesn't seem much better.

If you could tell me a better lineup, I'd love to hear it. Miller is playing because he's raked against Maddux in his career with a fairly big sample size.

We won't have the best lineup we can put out there until they start to play Hart. Other than that Miller instead of Estrada is only thing wrong with tonights lineup and I have no problem with picking when Miller plays based on batter vs pitcher matchups.

Quote:
Is it me, or have we not had the best lineup possible put out there the past few games? Wednesday was absolutely crap and tonight doesn't seem much better

Is this supposed to be sarcasm? We have Braun in the 2, Hardy and Prince at 3 and 4...Jenkins...Miller who kills Maddux in his career...Hall further down in the lineup...and Gross in the 8 who is great at reaching base...and no Graffy or Counsell..not sure what else you want?

Guys-

Today has been a positive one. We are just getting some tough breaks. I am for calling a spade a spade and we could be winning this game if things were reversed.

I still fell we have a big inning against Maddux. It may be here. Maybe Billy can do something?

Archived