Brewer Fanatic

5/25/07 Brewers (Bush) @ Padres (Maddux): 9:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
If you had told me that Hardy would have 15 homeruns at the end of the season, I would have been satisfied.

Just think if JJ only doubles his current stats.. .316 30 HR 86 RBI's. Now if someone had told you that think of how ecstatic you would be and that looks like the floor for him currently if he (and Fielder) stays healthy..

Quote:
Just think if JJ only doubles his current stats.. .316 30 HR 86 RBI's. Now if someone had told you that think of how ecstatic you would be and that looks like the floor for him currently if he (and Fielder) stays healthy..

And now imagine a healthy Weeks, and Braun up for a whole year.

I seriously wouldn't be suprised if everyone in our infield puts up 30 homers in the same year. It would be like an offensive version of the A's Big Three. I just smile thinking about it.

I have to tip my cap to Bud black.

I think he realizes the top of the order could really rake Hoffman so he is going to Linebrink here. With Linebrink, make him throw strike one and not be overaggressive early in the count.

Quote:
Why do you say that, bobskube?

With all off-speed pitches tonight except for except Bell. It made sense to bring someone in with heat. Bell did not face top of order so their timing was off.

Great call by Bud Black.

Well, good job by the young guys in getting the game close in the end, but it's another bad luck loss -- there's no way Kouzmanoff should have even gotten a chance to hit that grand slam...Bard was out on the check swing, and that should've ended the inning. Bush didn't have a great night, but he was one strike away from getting out of that jam.

With that said, Braun definitely didn't disappoint in his debut...a double and 2 RBI definitely isn't a bad start. Got unlucky on a couple more of the balls he hit (the first inning flyout to deep CF and the screamer he hit down the RF line being backhanded by Gonzalez). I'm definitely excited for what the offense is capable of with him in the lineup.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived