Brewer Fanatic

5/25/07 Brewers (Bush) @ Padres (Maddux): 9:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Bush and to a lesser degree, Vargas, most certainly have value.

My question is would either justify a major league quality bullpen arm? If not then what would the point be of trading them. Might as well move them to the pen...

No room on the rosters for position players and now is not the time to trade major leaguers for minor leaguers...

With that said I would give up Spurling and Dessens for used baseballs.

every year my friend calls me when the Padres beat the Brewers. Her husband confesses that she doesn't care about the Padres much, except when they beat either his team (BoSox) or my team. I'd love to avoid that call...or rather I'd like to be able to make that call.

Id like to mention, I used to hate college baseball, but then one time I was going through channels and heard a loud ting, so I watched the homer...it was Brauns 1st homer in college. I watched the U, I loved him and Weeks (not rickie!). Congrats on 2rbis 1 hit and a run.

Haha Jenks has a short fuse, good bye Geoff and good bye Ned! HE DID THE 360 F-BOMB AGAIN!!!

If the Brewers had a fire sale on Bush at least half the teams in baseball would show interest because of his past success.

I can't see them dealing Bush. Vargas has been worse and should go to the pen for Villanueva or Gallardo.

I kind of like Brian's idea to have both Vargas and Bush to the pen with Villy and Yo to the rotation. I'm not giving up on Bush, but I think often times a change can be beneficial.

Quote:
I can't see them dealing Bush. Vargas has been worse and should go to the pen for Villanueva or Gallardo.

I agree, I just was commenting on the person who said Bush and Vargas have no trade value.

I'll be the first to admit I was wrong about Ryan Braun when we drafted him. I questioned him due to the same reason I think colbyjack did, and that was because of the "hitch" in his swing. It might not even be a hitch, but on some swings he just makes the adjustment mid stride after looking fastball. He's just a unique hitter. He keeps his hands back, he has quick hands, and is wiry strong. He should have a great career. Hopefully most if it is in Milwaukee. And hopefully we can complete this comeback. I think it would be our biggest since the Reds, down 8 or 9 a few years ago.

Ump called a questionable but not terrible strike 3 on Jenkins, he turned and said something to ump and then as he walked away he said something else. Ump Kicked him out of game and Yost came up and threw some F-bombs and got kicked out too.

Archived