Brewer Fanatic

5/25/07 Brewers (Bush) @ Padres (Maddux): 9:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

sigh

boy Bush and Capuano, two guys that we were counting on to be semi-stud-like this year just have not done the job as of late. Getting depressing.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds good to me.

And I don't even have anything against Bush. You just can't keep Gallardo down much longer. He's been pretty much amazing. And Villanueva is waaaaay better than Vargas. Having him in long relief is sort of a waste, although he has pitched some meaningful games in that role. I just don't want to wait until it's too late with Vargas, and he starts finding his way back to an ERA near 5.00.

I think Bush has been an incredibe bad luck pitcher this year. I also think that at this point his confidence is shaken and its making things worse. In my fantasy league I have stopped trying to buy low because I am simply not confident he'll get it together.

Quote:
and we need to win NOW.

I can't agree with this more... I understand the arguments.. but this is not a situation like 2 years ago when the Brewers played above their head to finish .500..

This team has the talent, experience, and depth to win now, especially in this division. I don't think they trade away a stud prospect for help but I definitely think they need to exhaust all options in the minors to take advantage..

If that means Gallardo and Villy are starting and Capellan and Thatcher end up in the bullpen, so be it...

25 years is long enough to continue to worry about arbitration in 5 or 6 years.

Bush's career numbers don't indicate that his ceiling is that high.

I don't disagree but I still think Vargas would be the first to go if Yo is brought up. Also, regardless of who's chosen between Bush and Vargas, both are too valuable to simply be thrown into the bullpen, IMO. Now, if Melvin can find a way to trade a pitcher to make room...

Finally, I like villy but I'm not convinced his ceiling is very high. It would seem odd to me to take Bush out of the lineup for Villy.

Pretty good problem to have, I think. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Quote:
if Melvin can find a way to trade

This comes up a lot in this forum.. especially talking OF's..

I just don't think there is a market for any of the players we would like to see traded...

What would we get for Mench, Vargas, Bush. etc...

I just don't see who would give much up for them.

Especially since we traded for each and they were all throw-ins basically each time and probably have less value now.

this is setting up as a defining game of the season.. fight back from 7-0 and Braun homers to win it in the 9th...

Yes.. I drank lots of the Kool-aid tonight but legends have to start somewhere don't they?

Archived