Brewer Fanatic

4/9/08 Reds (Fogg) at Brewers (Bush): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
when I made the comment about the .295 BA and 2.95 ERA in the beginning of the IGT, I really was hoping the numbers would go up and down, respectively, not the other way around.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow, I seem to remember a lot of people giggling about Corey Patterson in the Reds lineup. Granted, the homer is in a "mop-up" role, but still, he's handled the Brewers pretty well this series so far. Offensively and defensively.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I really, really hate playing the Reds. At least when the Brewers play the Cubs, some good can come out of it. I have nothing but dread when I see Cincinnati on the schedule. Hopefully CV can close out the homestand on a strong note against Harang.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Absolve him(Bush) of what? Being average? I can't hate a guy for being an average pitcher. If the Brewers D played for Suppan like they did for Bush tonight there's no way the Brewers win that game last night.

I certainly agree that the defense was a big problem last night. The Brewers did not do a good job at the plate either.

However, I thought Bush pitched below average as well, he was continually behind batters, gave up some walks, and never seemed in command of his pitches. I certainly do not think that Bush should be DFA'd or banished to the BP based on last night's game, but he will need to pitch better.

The Brewers certainly didn't pick him up at all, and collectively played like a 1-6 team last night.

Yeah the team seemed.. distracted. Princes non-attentive play caused a Balk. Harts lost ball in the lights and bad throw, a few other things. Almost seemed like the boys went out and partied for Weeks game winning single last night and were to hung over.

Shake it off boys, today is a new day.

Archived