Brewer Fanatic

4/9/08 Reds (Fogg) at Brewers (Bush): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
TGJ and Cameron I'll buy - but Kapler?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

When we're talking about weather a pitcher "gives us a chance to win," I'd assume that wins would matter.

You brought up his wins not me. He also had 11 losses. Arbitrary and really useless. I don't think this incarnation of Bush is good. He wasn't ever really good last year. If we have a better pitcher he should start.

When we're talking about weather a pitcher "gives us a chance to win," I'd assume that wins would matter.

You brought up his wins not me. He also had 11 losses. Arbitrary and really useless. I don't think this incarnation of Bush is good. He wasn't ever really good last year. If we have a better pitcher he should start.

Someone said he didn't give us a chance to win (that's why I put it in quotes up there). That's when I brought up the win stat. If you noticed, I quoted the earlier post when I brought that up. I'm not saying Bush is great, but he definitely could work as a bottom of the order pitcher. We shouldn't trade him because with Capuano's injury, Bush is our only option to step into the rotation should someone get hurt.

I bring up wins because if someone says he doesn't "give us a chance to win," a win in the stat category would prove that argument incorrect. I'm not saying his numbers are awesome, but many times he does "give us a chance to win." Tonight we definitely had a chance to win while Bush was in.

Not trying to say the pitching was that great tonight, but our outfield D cost us 5 runs. Hart's 2-run error, Braun allows Philips to take second and he eventually scores and Gross' Canseco-esque play on Dunn's "homer". Bush was indeed sub-par with the walks, but the D did him no favors...and will the fans cut Turnbow some slack. He pitched pretty well last year until Ned burned him out.

Archived