Brewer Fanatic

5/27/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Padres (Peavy):3:05 CDT

AJAY
Well, the worst is over, but the Brewers will have a 4-5 game division lead and a nice 10 game homestand coming up. They should be favored in their next 13 games, leading up to the mid-June series in Detroit. Tomorrow, in front of a sell-out crowd on the "first" day of summer should be the next chapter of this season. The Brewers can't afford to squander the opportunity presented in the next few series.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, this is rock bottom. But at least we're not getting blown out. Lots of bad luck to go with some bad play. When one system is going, the other isn't it seems.

The good news: The hardest part of our schedule is over.

The bad news: We couldn't hang with the 4 of the best (Mets, Phils, Dodgers, Padres) NL teams on the road. But we get to play 3 of these teams at home still. We split with LA on the year. It's a long season. We get a crack at another slumping, but good NL team in Atlanta this week.

The ugly news: Everyone in our division that currently matters lost. Again. We've been totally terrible and have lost almost no ground. Lots of potential ground could have been gained and we pissed it away. But we played the hardest part of the schedule and didn't lose almost anything.

Wow just read the game thread. Some great pictures. My favorite however was RevengeofSaget's on the last post of page 5. Thanks for the laughs, it's made this loss much easier.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

I think that we are still have a tough schedule. We need to get some leads. We need some table-setters. When in doubt, get back to the fundamentals.

Things are never as good as they seem when things are going great, things are never as bad as they seem when things are going wrong (2002 is the exception)

Yeah, so I just flew back in from San Diego after watching today's and Saturday's games down there.

Could the Brewers organization at least provide me with some kind of airfare credit for the financial, emotional and mental distress incurred rooting for the Crew this weekend?

Archived