Brewer Fanatic

5/27/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Padres (Peavy):3:05 CDT

AJAY
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verified Member

I am trying to remind myself that the Dodgers lost 12 in a row last year and still went to the playoffs. I am also trying to remind myself that St. Louis twice lost 8 in a row last year.

So far, it's not helping though.

I'm guessing the venting thread will be busy tonight.

I've stooped to hoping the Dodgers can pull it out against the Cubs today so at least we can hold onto that 5 game lead.

If you had told me before that at the end of this 16 game stretch, we'd have a 5 game lead in the division, I would have been somewhat satisfied with that. But not like this. They need to turn it around, and soon.

Back home against the also-slumping Braves. That could be good, or bad.

I'm going to the games on Tuesday and Wednesday. If we don't pull out at least one of those games, I'm going to have to seriously considering filing a lawsuit against the team for emotional damage and seeking compensation for gas money, tickets, parking, and concessions.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Can't wait to face Smoltz and Hudson later this week, and to watch the long dormant Mench and Hart struggle tomorrow, and Capuano and Bush serve up more big innings, and Sheets pitch with a blister, and the Marlins, who swept Miller Park last year -- oh yeah, getting back home is going to cure all this team's ills. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

Anybody remember what Turnbow and Coco look like?

I'm glad to see our lovable Brewers, all cute and small market-like, embraced and highlighted by all forms of national media with curiosity romantically piqued, have their pants absolutely pulled down on this "16 game road trip".

4 wins? Are you kidding me?

I am willing to sweep this month under the rug. I am. Or at least I am lying to myself to try to convince myself it is OK. I am too young and too innocent to listen to my elders claim with disdain that the Brewers' annual collapse is genuinely predictable and ultimately inevitable.

Kudos to Doug M for convincing Mark A that the correct thing to do was to call up Braun in May... that must not have been a comfortable conversation.

That said... Vargas in the rotation disgusts me. He looks like my opponent when I am drunk and in the batting cages in Sluggers near Wrigley... how incompetent!

Sorry, I'd really like to continue... but my commitment to all things Brewers has got to end today on this Superlatively Glorious day for my own sanity.

Long flight home for these guys. Cheers.

And the bandwagon bus goes up and down, up and down. Are there any fans here than actually talk baseball? Or is this a site for simply explaining flaws and mistakes? But all will be well with a couple wins. Pretty bad.

I love him, I hate him, No, I love him, Booo, he sucks!! DFA him. Trade him. Blah blah.

Archived