Brewer Fanatic

5/27/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Padres (Peavy):3:05 CDT

AJAY
Community Moderator

I'll guarantee I could walk into 10 bars around the city today and at least 8 or 9 will have Indy and NASCAR on but no Brewers game.

I'd take that bet. I'd imagine you'd have a hard time finding one of the ten.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
We're lucky to have constant complainers like those in the IGT today. Man you guys are great. Must we always look at the worst possible situation? Cheer up, its only a game.

First of all, the situation hasn't been great lately, so it's not un-fan-like to be a little frustrated and overcritical of the team right now. It's a lot to do with frustration.

Secondly, you came here and preached about people not criticizing the team, and yet have not made a single post in the IGT about anything other than criticizing other people's opinions.

Quote:
Which is another example of why Milwaukee's not a "baseball city" like everyone always says. Milwaukee loves a winner, but otherwise...find me something else to do. I'll guarantee I could walk into 10 bars around the city today and at least 8 or 9 will have Indy and NASCAR on but no Brewers game. But then as soon as they start winning again, everybody will jump back on the bandwagon with the "I've been a diehard fan all my life" crap.

Count me out of that group. I couldn't care less about NASCAR, but I haven't missed a game yet this year. I love that we're still in first, but I'll sure admit I'm frustrated about how we've been playing lately, and I don't blame anyone else for feeling the same.

Quote:
Peavy up to 74 pitches at least, if we stay patient he'll be gone after 7 and we get to face the bullpen!

Against a team like the Cubs, I'd love to knock Zambrano out and get to their pen.

Against the Padres, pick your poison. They have one of the best bullpens in the game.

Quote:
We're lucky to have constant complainers like those in the IGT today. Man you guys are great. Must we always look at the worst possible situation? Cheer up, its only a game.

Maybe we need two IGT's... one for the people who don't want anything negative at all to be uttered, who just want to blow happiness and sunshine up each other's rear ends. And another for those who might want to gripe and moan a little bit about their favorite team stinking out loud.

Does Gonzalez run with a piano on his back? I can't believe that Counsell had time to get to that ball, bobble it, and make a flip to Hardy at 2nd. That looked like a certain infield single.

Somehow, this game is still 1-0.

all the little things are going against us. On this road trip there have been at least 10 broken bat hits. And all our line drives to the OF are caught (see Weeks, Gwynn, Hardy).

Quote:
Let me guess, Suppan K's, Gwynn can't get the ball out of the infield, Hardy pops up, inning over.

You were a little overly optimistic there. Let's try to keep our lofty expectations in check. After all, we are in a "mini" slump.

Archived