Brewer Fanatic

5/27/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Padres (Peavy):3:05 CDT

AJAY
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Historically Peavy gives up about .100 points of OPS against lefties. This year has been the exception so you have to assume its just sample size at this point.

I just want them to stop playing Gwynn and play Hart every day and I'll be happy with almost any lineup they throw out there.

18 strikes and 24 balls thus far for Suppan, I hope he finds his control soon.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Why are we stacking the lineup with lefties, when Peavy shows no statistical disadvantage against righties or lefties?

What is all this talk? They gave Rickie a day off so Counsell is playing. Besides that, they have been changing outfielders all the time. Hart and Mench have not been playing so this lineup is not that much different. Find something else to complain about. Maybe Sheets isn't an ace or why Hart is not playing.

Quote:
Not a whole lot of interest in today's game. This has to be the quietest game-day thread I've seen in quite a while.

Look at the wrong end of a sweep and a 5 game losing streak, excitement isn't exactly at an all-time high right now.

Quote:
Maybe Sheets isn't an ace or why Hart is not playing.

I have no idea what you're on about here. Sheets struggled out of the gates but has looked MUCH better his last few starts.

I don't know if Hart is still injured or what the deal is, but he sure hasn't done anything this season to deserve PT over the guys that are in right now.

Look at the wrong end of a sweep and a 5 game losing streak, excitement isn't exactly at an all-time high right now.

Which is another example of why Milwaukee's not a "baseball city" like everyone always says. Milwaukee loves a winner, but otherwise...find me something else to do. I'll guarantee I could walk into 10 bars around the city today and at least 8 or 9 will have Indy and NASCAR on but no Brewers game. But then as soon as they start winning again, everybody will jump back on the bandwagon with the "I've been a diehard fan all my life" crap.

We're lucky to have constant complainers like those in the IGT today. Man you guys are great. Must we always look at the worst possible situation? Cheer up, its only a game.

Please don't tell people how they should feel about the Brewers struggles. It's rude and annoying.

Quote:
Not a whole lot of interest in today's game. This has to be the quietest game-day thread I've seen in quite a while.

Maybe it's just that the Brewers haven't given us a lot to talk about today. I've just been sitting here watching, waiting, PRAYING for something to happen. aaaaaand, nothing.

Archived