Brewer Fanatic

5/27/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Padres (Peavy):3:05 CDT

AJAY

Any word if Braun got his 1st HR ball back? Or did some jerk get it?

They said last night that the fan who caught it tossed it back onto the field right away, so I assume Ryan got it back.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that makes 2 starts in this series for Gwynn, and none for Hart. Awesome, and well deserved. I like it when lineup and leadoff spots are divvied out based on combination of sentimentality and imaginary hot streaks.

Also glad to see Estrada in the 5-hole again.

Provisional Member

I hate this lineup. Braun in the 3-hole? I'm glad Yost knows how to marshal rookies along without putting pressure on them. What the @#%$ is with Counsell starting?

My prediction: Peavy strikes out 16.

Why all the hate on TGJ? It's not his fault Hart doesn't get PT.

He's been doing good. Everyone should be happy for the guy and question why Yost doesn't play Hart more.

I kind of get the idea Hart is still sore and being used as sparingly as possible.

I'd guess that this is just the start of giving Rickie more regular days off to keep his wrist from becoming sore/irritated.

I'm glad they flip-flopped JJ and Braun, I was just thinking about that yesterday but didn't think Yost would do it so soon!

I'm tiring of the whole "stack the lineup with lefties" story. I understand the rationale and statistics, etc., but there's also something to be said about "your starters" (i.e. "your best players") playing the majority of the time. And at some point, I really think it hurts from a consistency standpoint. Battle out of mini-slumps and ride them when they're hot. Other than an occasional platoon out of necessity, this tweaking the damn lineup EVERY DAY gets old and I think is making it harder for them to gain any consistent performance.

Why all the hate on TGJ? It's not his fault Hart doesn't get PT.

He's been doing good.

TGJ fanboyism makes some blind to what's really going on. Not including the strikeout in his first AB today:

[b]BA AB OBP SLG OPS[/b] 36 .417 .500 .500 1.000 27 .222 .250 .259 .509 -------------------------- [b]63 .333 .400 .397 .797[/b]

His overall numbers are still very good but Gwynn has done almost nothing for quite some time. The fact that the above production came mostly out of the RF position is especially troublesome.

I like Gwynn but not as a starter right now. There are simply better options.

Archived