Brewer Fanatic

5/28/07 Braves (James) @ Brewers (Capuano): 1:05 CDT

1992casey
Hart is 7/23 during this cold streak for a .304 AVG, he's the last guy I'd be complaining about right now (especially since he got 2 hits today). The way Yost has been jerking him around I'm not surprised he isn't sharp at the plate just yet.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
When did Corey Hart become Craig Counsell?

Has anybody seen him swing with any authority all season?

Well he has been a little like JJ when he first started, I fully expect Corey to turn it around and start taking cuts again. Maybe it's his wrist? He doesn't look aggresive like he did early in April though, so I see what you're getting at.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

We always seem to beat the better pitchers (not recently it would seem). We'll get one of these two. I hope we can turn it around and get the last two of these series and build up some momentum again.

I went out for some softball practice right after Rickie struck out with the bases loaded...I just couldn't watch.

It seems to me that Hart's problems are not in his wrists but with his eyes. He started very poorly in spring training this year, had a so-so April, suffered a minor injury, and now is not getting any regular playing time. If I remember correctly, Hart made a comment that he wasn't seeing the ball well and Yost commented along the same lines. (Sorry I have no link for this yet.) Perhaps he needs the Rick Vaughn make-over?

I am pro-Corey Hart. I think that if he plays he will hit. I wonder if playing Tony Gwynn more hasn't hurt us? It seems like we have a lot of outfielders who play one day and get two off, etc.. It is tough to be consistent under those circumstances.

The Brewers were going to win 100 games, now they are destined to be under .500 by June? These last 3 weeks have been absolutely horrible to watch but this isn't a below average team. They aren't on paper and they haven't been on the field either.

And let's please stop acting like it's wrong to be happy that the rest of the Central stinks. Much of the optimism going into the season was centered around the realization that the Brewers had a good shot at the playoffs because the Central stunk. There's nothing wrong with pointing out that 5 game lead, no matter how bad the Brewers have been playing.

This team has too much talent to play below .500 for the rest of the year, and I say that completely objectively.

I too will uncharacteristically look at the bright side. I was seriously worried about Cappy last week, but he looked good today. The bats have *got* to come alive one of these...uh....weeks. As long as we've got 3 good starters, with New Village as a possible 4th and Yo waiting by the phone, these guys will be okay in this turdpile of a division. I guess it's just time to fasten the seatbelts and hang on for dear life during this slide.

Quote:
No, they should stop playing Mench altogether. He's completely useless at this point.

I totally agree. Why give Mench the opportunities of being platooned in LF when he's doing crap now. Jenkins should be in there everyday. I know he struggles against LHP but I'll take little struggles and hussle defensively over Mench.

The guy looks like he is dogging it all the time. I love how he gets po'd when he K's. If he would fix the hole in his swing and terrible pitch selection he wouldn't have to look like a 10 yr old giving a tantrum

I know he struggles against LHP but I'll take little struggles and hussle defensively over Mench.

Totally agree, Jenks all the way Mench is garbage. At least today Capuano pitched like the Cappy we know. The offense just didn't show up at all.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Quote:
Totally agree, Jenks all the way Mench is garbage. At least today Capuano pitched like the Cappy we know. The offense just didn't show up at all.

You are right on with Cappy. He only gave up a two spot and had his change-up working all day. He really deserved a better performance by his offense. He pitched a good game.

Archived