Brewer Fanatic

5/28/07 Braves (James) @ Brewers (Capuano): 1:05 CDT

1992casey
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
weeks and Hall have been a major concern.How much Longer will people use the Excuse of Hall learning CF as his cause for the struggles at the plate.

Weeks is fine except for RISP. He doesn't look half as clueless as Hall. In fact, I got a felling if Rick gets a chance in the 9th-Watch out!

Hall isn't really 'off the charts' low, though.

Why doesn't Brian A. just give us the actual attendance figure? He just said the crowd was over 41,000 and a sellout. Why not tell us 41,whatever? This is how he always does it.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

How Gross doesn't get an at-bat that inning is beyond me.

He left in Mench... Jenkins should have stayed in the game for Mench, but after that didn't happen, Gross should have hit for him. Man alive.

We are not allowed to pinch-hit for position players.

Watching the Brewers when you have expectations can be excruciating. I think I am just going to tie my big bag of rocks on to me and jump off of the pier into Lake Michigan.

Hart is a guy I question a bit. He is a guy that needs to play 70% so we can see if he is any good, then we can see what kind of player he is. If he struggles, send him down. He is not helping starting twice a week.

BOOOOO Brewers.....BOOOOO Ned Yost. Please tell me Ned why Gwynn didn't lead off the inning and why Mench did? Where was Gabe Gross? Granted the team didn't deserve to win today but Ned sure didn't help the cause in the bottom of the 9th to even give us a chance.

I cant take much more of this. Obviously this team is going to underachieve yet again. There is something seriously wrong if this team cant win this lousy division. Does this team ever score other than on solo home runs. Can this team ever get a clutch hit? Seriously enough is enough.

Quote:
Hall isn't really 'off the charts' low, though.

RISP: .225/.350 slugging

RISP + 2 outs: .182/.182 slugging

Runners on: .230/.365 slugging

20 RBI's in a 3rd of a season as a cleanup hitter. His job as a cleanup hitter is to hit with power with runners on base/scoring position, and drive in those runs. He's been putrid at his job.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/140/041_24-086.jpg

There's more than meets the eye.

Did this team shoot it's wad in April or what? They've dropped their last five series, (and with Smoltz going for Atlanta, and possibly no Sheets it is going to be 6 straight series), haven't won back to back games in over a week.

It looks like the German army after Stalingrad, they're just waiting for someone to come along and put them out of their misery.

Seriously, Chuck James isn't even a strikeout pitcher, and he punches out 8 in only six innings. That folks is a sign of a team that simply isn't ready for primetime.

So that is 6 in a row with Smoltz and Hudson staring us down??

This is almost becoming humorous. If/When we fall back under .500 we'll be the laughing stock of the league. They'll be running stories left and right about what a joke the team is and how they fooled everyone.

For the next 10 years it will be this team that is brought up whenever anyone gets off to a hot start. I can see it now...

Baseball Tonight, May 3rd, 2015: Kruk says "This Pirates team is off to a great start and the they are 21-9, but remember back in '07 a similar looking Milwaukee Brewers team started 24-10 and they ended up finishing third in a bad NL Central. so lets not jump to conclusions, I still pick the Astros to win the Central."

Smoltz and Hudson next. Not sure this team in its current state can do much against those two. You never know though. But if Wes Obermueller shuts us down on Thursday I might need to take a week off from watching baseball.

That April tease was a tad too much. When is that Royals series?

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Great holiday weekend, huh?

Bill Hall is killing this team right now.

Corey Hart is a punch-and-judy hack at the moment.

Mench is useless.

Bench management has been brutal.

I was going to use a win today to take me through three hours of yard work this evening.

Now I just have to stew, back to the cruddy work week tomorrow.

I've got my health, and my family's health, so stay in perspective, but man, this just blows.

ok so we are now 5 over 500 and that will continue to get lower as we play aganist Smoltz and Hudson.. But at least will finish the month of May over 500.

The big question can any one win this division under 500 .

Post of the day...

Great holiday weekend, huh?

Bill Hall is killing this team right now.

Corey Hart is a punch-and-judy hack at the moment.

Mench is useless.

Bench management has been brutal.

I was going to use a win today to take me through three hours of yard work this evening.

Now I just have to stew, back to the cruddy work week tomorrow.

I've got my health, and my family's health, so stay in perspective, but man, this just blows.

Archived