Brewer Fanatic

5/29/07 Braves (Smoltz) @ Brewers (Sheets): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
It's so frusterating when the worst possible situation occurs just as you feared. In reality though, that inning could have been worse.

At first I thought you were talking about this tidy 3-12 slump.

Come in off the ledge.. it will be fine.. 3-2 when smoltz leaves and 4-3 to end the game.

Sheets always needs to warm-up...they should make him pitch with a parka..

One question though since he has shown an inability to learn a change-up why hasn't he tried to learn the cutter from Maddux to give him a third pitch?

When? I'd really like to know.

I'll ask you a ? right back: How long have you been watching Ben Sheets?

Anyone who knows Sheets shouldn't be surprised when he gives up first inning runs. He's noted for that.

Idiotic Braves announcer while Braun batted: "Corey Koskie had been playing third but he went on the DL with post concussion syndrome. He's expected back in about a week so meanwhile they've brought up Braun to see what he can do".

That's worse than a couple of years ago when Skip Carey thought Dan Kolb was the class A Brewer farmhand by the same name.

Man I hate the Braves. 42 years and counting.

...queue the inning by inning break down of Sheets over his career showing that he does not in fact give up most of his runs early.

We've already had it posted at least 3 times this year, yet people keep posting that Sheets gets worked early.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

But you said you're used to seeing these types of games from him, not the fact that he gives up 3 earned runs in the 1st inning. It wouldn't be weird if he gave up a run in the 1st, but the fact he gave up 3 IS quite weird, considering he usually gives up 3 or less for an entire outing.

Anyone who knows Sheets shouldn't be surprised when he gives up first inning runs. He's noted for that.

The 2005 White Sox were "noted" for playing smallball, but it turned out they were something like 3rd in the league in homers.

Do you have anything besides stereotypes to back up your claim? I don't mean to be condescending - I honestly wanna know.

Sheets really doesn't like the first two hitters tonight.. they are killing him...

If he can get through the next inning I think it will be shut down the rest of the way.. though with the pitches he has burned it might only be 6 or 7 tonight..

I'll ask you a ? right back: How long have you been watching Ben Sheets?

Anyone who knows Sheets shouldn't be surprised when he gives up first inning runs. He's noted for that

I'd like to introduce you to Baseball Reference . . .

www.baseball-reference.co...=sheetbe01

Sheet's splits page shows he's more likely to give up runs in innings 4-6 than 1-3.

Not that stats mean anything, I mean you've SEEN him pitch right?

Note: the 1st inning is his second worst inning overall. Next to the 4th

Come on Billy bust out... I am hungry for some crow...

actually I haven't been to hard on him except frustration with try to pull every outside pitch...

Reminds me when Maddux used to own him his first couple of years.

EDR with the slam dunk...

and wow that was a high strike on Hall.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Yea Hart stinks, he should only play 1 or 2 days a week until he proves he's MLB caliber.

edit. forgot my blue font.

- Plato

- Plato

Archived